Shure Se 530 Problem
Jul 6, 2009 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

gameboy115

Headphoneus Supremus
Just bought 530, with shure olive on. I tried to take olives out of 530 and have no luck.

How can I do without breaking nozzle? I recalled a passage that I need to put them in the fridge
confused_face_2.gif

Please help me, thanks

Jul 6, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 11
Use a shirt to grab and twist. I too was really afraid of breaking the nozzle. And when the death-grip of the tip was loosened, it told me so with a loud *SNAP* like a twig breaking.
ph34r.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #3 of 11
Some suggest popping them in the fridge (freezer?) for a few minutes as you noted. Don't quote me, but I have a feeling even Shure suggested this, or suggested it wouldn't do any harm...it's a common enough problem with SE530 & there have been quite a few threads on this very issue. That damn lip on the nozzle.

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #4 of 11
First time I took my olives off I ended up using my teeth. I lightly bit down on the nozzle, just so that the tips of my teeth were in line with the rubber inner tubing, and wiggled my jaw as i pulled them out. Kinda silly but it was effective.

Jul 7, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 11
Yikes, 40 minutes? I'd be afraid of condensation at that point.

Glad you finally managed to get them off though.
tongue.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yikes, 40 minutes? I'd be afraid of condensation at that point.

Glad you finally managed to get them off though.
tongue.gif

Little worried when it was out of fridge, the body of 530 like ice to me
bigsmile_face.gif
, glad nothing happen

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was it that bad for you guys? I remember not having that much of a issue when I had my pair to get the olives off
wink.gif

Mine were pretty hard to get off too. For about a week I didn't change my tips because I just gave up. Eventually, I mustered up the courage to force them off - it really did take a ton of force too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back