Shure SE 530 or UE 10
Jan 10, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #31 of 55
Yeah, they had a pouch too. I have both and prefer the clamshell, but I don't think the nano 4G would fit in it. But I could be wrong.

Jan 10, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #33 of 55
Etys anyone :p

hope the choice works out well for you and as far as I know I used to be able to fit my Sansa Fuze in my Shure Clamshell with my headphones in it. Just be careful because theres a little plastic thinggy in the shure clamcase that can break you're DAP's screen. It's all about wrapping your headphones nicely.

Oh and to the Msuben, when you get your se530's pay careful attention to cleaning them. Alot of people have mentioned cracked wires in the past and Shure said that the main problem comes from the oil in people's skin. When I had my shures, I always wiped them down with an alcohol prep pad after I used them paying careful attention on the wires (since they would sit over my ear). The cables never cracked on me while I used them. I just treated it like my guitar, with a wipe down after every use.

Jan 11, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #35 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by msuben /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the replies and advice. Just ordered the Shure SE530 and looking forward to getting them!

Good decision! Let us know how you like them. From a comfort standpoint the Shure's are stellar.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #36 of 55
The Shures are great all around. The reason I like them so much is because they're so forgiving. They make just about everything sound the same: really good. I think you'll love them. I love mine.

Jan 11, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #37 of 55
UE=fit issue
Se530=Roll off highs

otherwise both amazing earphones...your choice.

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #38 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just from a practical standpoint, I would go for the E530s.

I personally would not spend that kind of money on an IEM if I weren't going to use an amp.

x2

Jan 17, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #39 of 55
Well I got the Shure SE530's and I am very impressed! Good fit, great sound and no amp needed with these! So much detail in all my music now and just the right amount of bass, mids and highs. I am using the medium foam tips and fit is good. I also just ordered some Comply tips and see how these fit. If the Shure foam tips were just a little softer, the fit would be perfect. Anybody using the Comply tips with these?

Bennett

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #40 of 55
Congratulations! I'm glad you like them.

I used the Comply tips for a really short time. From what I remember, they are definitely softer than Shure's olive foam tips. Personally, I prefer the Shure olive foam tips for two reasons. First, to me, the Comply tips are too... "cushiony" to me. They never "disappear" like Shure's tips do for me. Just personal preference. The other reason is that while both tips make the SE530's sound signature warmer, the Comply tips make the lows just a tad more muddy. Nothing big, but it's worth mentioning.

Basically, if you want a softer version of Shure's olive tips, the Comply tips are the way to go.

Jan 17, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #41 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by msuben /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there enough room to fit an Ipod nano (4th generation) in the included Shure case?

Hi, I can fit a 2g nano, which is almost the exact same size as the 4g nano so it should be fine

EDIT: actually it only fits if you don't plug it in, if there is anything plugged in, it will not fit...

Jan 17, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #42 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by limin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I can fit a 2g nano, which is almost the exact same size as the 4g nano so it should be fine

EDIT: actually it only fits if you don't plug it in, if there is anything plugged in, it will not fit...

are you nuts?

i can barely fit the se530 and extension in the clam case, if i leave them for a few hourse in fact i open the case up and my tips are indented where they have been squashed because room is so tight, how have you managed to squeeze an ipod in also???

to the OP i wouldnt advise doing this, the case is made for the earphones and its designed to hold the phones nice and tight so they dont smack about in there.

good choice picking the se530, i also find them fitting for such a broad range of music, even classical manages to shine, but only at higher volumes, at low volumes the high range is certainly recessed, but has anybody noticed that if you crank them the high range really crashes away, very clear and not rolled.

in fact, i think the se530 are some of the most EQ'able IEM's available, and if you really are a high range person then EQ'ing 8khz and upwards really brings out some shine.

however, im going to own up, in my time with the triple fi, i did prefer them for rock, the extra sparkle helps rock come out.

Jan 17, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #43 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, they had a pouch too. I have both and prefer the clamshell, but I don't think the nano 4G would fit in it. But I could be wrong.

which ones had a pouch, ive owned a 2006 model and now a 2008 model and both had the oval clam case.

Jan 17, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #44 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good choice picking the se530, i also find them fitting for such a broad range of music, even classical manages to shine, but only at higher volumes, at low volumes the high range is certainly recessed, but has anybody noticed that if you crank them the high range really crashes away, very clear and not rolled.

Kind of.... At low volumes the highs are recessed, and if you crank the volume... it sounds like they're being pushed. Like they're trying to say, "You shouldn't be doing this... but alright...." They sound very good, still a little rolled, but good. The SE530 just isn't known for its outstanding highs, but rather for its amazing midrange.

Quote:

in fact, i think the se530 are some of the most EQ'able IEM's available, and if you really are a high range person then EQ'ing 8khz and upwards really brings out some shine.

They're EQ-able to an extent. With other phones, you can actually change the sound signature with the EQ. With the SE530, the best you can do is emphasize or de-emphasize a frequency range, but the overall signature never really changes. Which is fine if you like their sound like I do.

Jan 17, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #45 of 55
Quote:

which ones had a pouch, ive owned a 2006 model and now a 2008 model and both had the oval clam case.

Maybe there never was a pouch and Shure just included one to be nice after sending me a replacement pair back. Forget I said anything about the pouch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back