Shure SE 425/535, westone 3/ UM3X/ 4, Sennheiser IE8(0), UE TF10, which one?
May 26, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #31 of 32
Quote:
I couldn't stand the fit or lack of isolation of the TF10. I would recommend the UM3X (really hard to find music it doesn't sound great with)...

I really didn't like what the UM3X did with strings, like cello and violin solos. Much like the SE535, I think the mids for vocals are so forward that the upper mids/treble get lost in the mix. 

Aug 12, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #32 of 32
BamBoomBots,

I have the Senn HD25-1 but they are not really meant for layd back listening. The sound is as 2d as possible (no soundstage at all) which isn't the worst thing. But the whole sound is just not smooth, it is a bit sibilant, which is really apparent in bad recordings (and sometimes also with well known artists). The mids are incredibly forward and quite aggresive. These are meant for dj's, and people that need to great amouns of SPL and clarity.

I actually am switching from the sennheiser hd25-1 to an IEM, I was considering the Shure SE425 for the isolation (i'm a drummer) but in your case I can say you won't be disappointed with the sennheiser IE80. From what I have read they have great SQ, just the kind you like. But it isolates the of all IEM's, about the same as the senn's HD25-1 actually.

So go buy the IE80's gogogogo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back