Shure SCL4 Vs UE Super.fi 5 V2
Sep 4, 2009 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

smachine

Head-Fier
So my Super.fi 3 Studios crapped out on me after 2 years of heavy use. I am currently looking for a replacement. I am looking specifically at the Shure SCL4 and the UE Super.fi 5 V2. I have these 2 listed because those are the ones I can get the best deals on, $50 for the Shure, and $85 for the Super.fi 5s. UE is offering me 50% off any of the noncustom models, so I may also consider spending $200 on the Triple.fi 10 pro if they really are that much better than the 2 I have listed.

Sep 4, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 8
If you can get any model for 50% off, the UE700 for $115 sounds like a winner. The Triple.fi are great but quite larger than the 3 Studio and, after two years of the 3's forward mids, the Triples sound balance may not be what you want.

That's a good deal by the way. Might as well get the $115 or more savings. Saving $100 bucks or so might be more than what you paid for the 3 Studios. I would have held on to my 3 studios if I knew they UE was gonna give me that offer!

Sep 4, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 8
I briefly had both the SCL4 and the SF.5 Pro and the SCL4 was better by a significant margin. Can't speak for the other UE's but found the SF5's uncomfortable and with an odd sound signature I didn't like. SCL4 had pretty good balanced sound.

Sep 6, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #6 of 8
So I picked up a pair of Shure SCL4s today. Couldnt resist for only $50. I plugged it into my mp3 player and noticed i had to crank the volume up much higher than my older UE SF3s, is this normal?

Sep 6, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by smachine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I picked up a pair of Shure SCL4s today. Couldnt resist for only $50.

Mind I ask how did you get SCL4 for $50 only?
wink.gif

Sep 6, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChanSP1970 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mind I ask how did you get SCL4 for $50 only?
wink.gif

Craigslist. Some dude had bought some of the SCL4 from the guitar center sale in hopes of making a profit, but didnt know how to properly sell so he was just trying to unload them on craigslist. Guess he doesnt know about ebay and headfi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back