shure scl4 vs. Klipsch X5 anyone?
Feb 5, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #16 of 18
yikes! more treble can be much for me, the x1s are too bad, but if its not more bass than the shure for me its like whats the point? they sound awesome, they are very articulate, and are made well. i was just looking for a tad more bass.

Feb 5, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by lord of volume /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yikes! more treble can be much for me, the x1s are too bad, but if its not more bass than the shure for me its like whats the point? they sound awesome, they are very articulate, and are made well. i was just looking for a tad more bass.

I personally love extended treble, but it HAS to be done right. IMHO, etymotic, phonak, re0 get treble quality pretty near perfect, and it doesnt bother me if that-quality treble skyrockets for miles. However, if there's the slightest hint of imperfection (sibilance) in the treble to my ears, and it's extended on top of that, it completely ruins it for me (ie, denon ahc-751). I'm not saying the treble extension on the X5 is horrible, it's just not good enough quality for me to prefer it over the rich Shure mids. If you want a tad more bass as you say, I think you'll get that w/ the X5. However, it really wont be a huge, noticable difference.

If you're interested in the X5 design, and you want something with more punch than the SCL4, give the X10's a try. X10s have the most impressive bass (in terms of single BA driver) I've tried.

Feb 5, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally love extended treble, but it HAS to be done right. IMHO, etymotic, phonak, re0 get treble quality pretty near perfect, and it doesnt bother me if that-quality treble skyrockets for miles. However, if there's the slightest hint of imperfection (sibilance) in the treble to my ears, and it's extended on top of that, it completely ruins it for me (ie, denon ahc-751). I'm not saying the treble extension on the X5 is horrible, it's just not good enough quality for me to prefer it over the rich Shure mids. If you want a tad more bass as you say, I think you'll get that w/ the X5. However, it really wont be a huge, noticable difference.

If you're interested in the X5 design, and you want something with more punch than the SCL4, give the X10's a try. X10s have the most impressive bass (in terms of single BA driver) I've tried.

Looks like a mission to find affordable X10s must commence.
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back