Shure Scl2 Vs Senn cx500
Apr 11, 2009 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gackt_2305

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I'm planning to upgrade my ep-630, the options is this two (because this is the only two products that are available for 12x payment method ^^). Since I'm upgrading from ep-630 so I'm looking for bass quality improvement, but I'm start to moving to jazz and instrument music (like sheffield drive or dapapepe) so i will need some detail too (and good staging if possible). So which one is best for me? i can not try this two IEM before buying so posting here is my last resort.

Thanks.

PS: it is so hard to find this two products review in this forum.

Apr 11, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 8
SCL2 was also formerly called the e2c, which was very popular thus you will definitely be able to find something on it on the internet. Also, I'm not 100% sure here, but I believe CX500 is just a slight improvement on also well known CX300, doing mid/high ranges bit better and having a volume control.

Having once (shortly) owned the e2c I can tell you its competent, but ultimately lacking compared to some of the others in the price range. I haven't tried the CX500 so I can't give you a comparison, unfortunately.

Apr 11, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrocyanic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
scl2 = e2c ~= se210

Actually, e2c is quite different from the SE210. They don't even carry the same type of drivers (Dynamic vs Balanced Armature) and have completely different signatures. I believe the current rough equivalent to e2c would be the SE102 or SE115.

Apr 11, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SCL2 was also formerly called the e2c, which was very popular thus you will definitely be able to find something on it on the internet. Also, I'm not 100% sure here, but I believe CX500 is just a slight improvement on also well known CX300, doing mid/high ranges bit better and having a volume control.

Having once (shortly) owned the e2c I can tell you its competent, but ultimately lacking compared to some of the others in the price range. I haven't tried the CX500 so I can't give you a comparison, unfortunately.

Ok, so what do you suggest in those range (which is better than e2c)?

Thanks

Jul 15, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #7 of 8
i would vote for the CX500, sound much more fuller and non fatigue and musical sound signature.

Aug 1, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #8 of 8
Have the SCL2 and find it abit too warm. The cables are beginning to go and I am thinking of getting something soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Have to say SCL2 are quite comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back