Shure rejecting warranty claim.
Oct 22, 2016 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jonotron

New Head-Fier
Hi all, have had quite a poor experience with Shure U.K. One side of my 425s split down the glue seam on removal leaving half in my ear and snapping the ribbon connector. They were around 14 months old so the retailer sent them back. Shure are refusing to warranty as they claim water damage on the cables due to the green discolouration. Plus they claim the condition is poor.
The green colouring is simple oxidation, like any other Shure clear cable does. They have not been exposed water. Other than the glue joint splitting (the glue seam still hanging like an old window seal) working order was fine. I emailed them to dispute their claims a week ago and have recieved no response.
Has anyone else had similar issues with them? Or managed to successfully dispute their warranty refusal? I'm less than impressed with their service, really poor in my opinion!

Oct 24, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi all, have had quite a poor experience with Shure U.K. One side of my 425s split down the glue seam on removal leaving half in my ear and snapping the ribbon connector. They were around 14 months old so the retailer sent them back. Shure are refusing to warranty as they claim water damage on the cables due to the green discolouration. Plus they claim the condition is poor.
The green colouring is simple oxidation, like any other Shure clear cable does. They have not been exposed water. Other than the glue joint splitting (the glue seam still hanging like an old window seal) working order was fine. I emailed them to dispute their claims a week ago and have recieved no response.
Has anyone else had similar issues with them? Or managed to successfully dispute their warranty refusal? I'm less than impressed with their service, really poor in my opinion!

I have ultimate ears superfi 3's that are 10 years old and the cables have similar oxidation but work just fine... no water is necessary for them to go green. Anyhow, I remember reading about serious quality issues with Shure headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back