SHURE PTH: is anybody else finding it useful?
Aug 8, 2006 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

analog'd

1000+ Head-Fier
in another thread i noted the following, which explains how I am usng the PTH to good advantage in what for me was an unexpected way. was wondering if anyone else uses them successfully for anything.

"the pth is helping me to not have to remove the foamies nearly as often. I listen without it usually. but if my neighbor needs to converse, and I don't feel like taking them out, it takes me no time at all and almost zero effort to pop the pth in the path. I pause the music, pop in the pth and turn it on, and I can spend 5 minutes discussing the secret meaning of life without messing with my perfecly sealed and comfortable foamy placement. and when i have to walk to the printer, the fact that I can unplug easily and be mobile with only a short cord dangling is great, I do it all the time. I've also hit the trail to printer and the water cooler with the pth in place, allowing me to monitor the natives and to be polite if someone speaks to me before I get back to my desk. this all adds up to a great deal less removing and reinserting than I always had to do with my ety's (which I've used for many years); and I never get any ear irritation as I did now and then with frequent reinsertion of the ety flanges."

Aug 8, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #2 of 2
Honestly, I find them more of a novelty than a tool that I think I will actually use with great regularity, but the thing certainly does work as advertised.

Ironically, I think the device would be far more useful for IEM's other than the E500's, simply because the E500's are easier to slip in and out of your ears (or at least my ears). The shape/size of the driver housing and the angle of the nozzle on the E500 is so "ergonomically correct" for a universal that it's no longer a big deal to pop them in and out.

If I wore irritatiing tips more often (for me, that means triflange or clear), then I'd probably use PTH more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back