Shure Olives
Sep 26, 2007 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Baines93

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi Guys!

I just brought a pair of ER6i's, and would love a pair of Shure Black Olives, but at the moment i seriously have no money!

I was basically wondering if anyone could be really generous, and send me a pair of Shure Olives that you do not use/are redundent.

If you will find it in the goodness of your heart, i will PM you my address....

Thanks in advance,

-= Matt =-

Sep 26, 2007 at 12:40 PM Post #2 of 30
hey ok people dont give stuff away for free when you can get em free anyway, heres a hint and this is how i got some.

email shure distribution, make it a nice email, polite, and say i recently purchased your amazing earphones blah blah blah you get the hint...then say i wanted to change the foams and managed to rip them to peices in the process.

tell them you have owned the earphones for a week and the foams are the ones that give you the fit you like, tell them you have just paid so much for the earphones and would be greatful for some more foams but would prefer to not spend more money.

i said something similar and they sent me an email back asking for my address...there you have it a pack of 5 will be on your door step in 5 days or so

Sep 26, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #3 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey ok people dont give stuff away for free when you can get em free anyway, heres a hint and this is how i got some.

email shure distribution, make it a nice email, polite, and say i recently purchased your amazing earphones blah blah blah you get the hint...then say i wanted to change the foams and managed to rip them to peices in the process.

tell them you have owned the earphones for a week and the foams are the ones that give you the fit you like, tell them you have just paid so much for the earphones and would be greatful for some more foams but would prefer to not spend more money.

i said something similar and they sent me an email back asking for my address...there you have it a pack of 5 will be on your door step in 5 days or so

Dishonestly taking advantage of Shure's customer service is not the right thing to do.

It is quite possible that a generous HeadFier will oblige the original poster. No lying is required.

Sep 26, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dishonestly taking advantage of Shure's customer service is not the right thing to do.

It is quite possible that a generous HeadFier will oblige the original poster. No lying is required.

Ahh, didnt refresh before posting......

i will hold on a bit, just too see.......

My ER6i peach foamies in the smallest size (i got them when i brought them used, with many other pairs of tips) are verystained after 2 weeks, i love the fit, but uneconomical. I am not sure if they have been cut down, like another pair i have, but my favourites are 11mm long/tall, which Olive size do i need??

people rave about the Olives, and you can wash them safely, so i figured i'd give them a go some time, but saw some givenaway after a request, so thought i'd try, as this month i have no money, and have run out of my favourite sized foamies!!

evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
head-fi
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

-= Matt =-

Sep 26, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i wasnt being dishonest, someone like you should know i own the se530 and adore them, and i have ripped the foams once and was not impressed like i said i emailed telling my dissapointment and they sent me a pack of 5, its not being a thief or dishonest, its taking advantage of shures super service

Sep 26, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wasnt being dishonest, someone like you should know i own the se530 and adore them, and i have ripped the foams once and was not impressed like i said i emailed telling my dissapointment and they sent me a pack of 5, its not being a thief or dishonest, its taking advantage of shures super service

x2

You werent being dishonest

But i would be if i did it, but i am not bothered by that, as one of my relatives has spent thousands over the years on Shure equiptment, so it kind of makes up for it
tongue.gif

I will wait a bit, but if nothing happens i will email their CS....

Sep 26, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #13 of 30
because im 14, and unlike most kids my age, i am not just freely given money by my parents.....i also am looking for a job where i can work in2 different places, as i am not always at home, and sometimes at my dads too.....

Also if you could get something free, why wouldnt you.....and i wasnt planning on it, until suggested, and also, it is hardly conning, as a relative of mine has spent thousands on Shure equiptment, just cos i dont own anything made by Shure, doesnt mean i dont know anyone who has got something made by Shure, so maybe i should get him to get them for me, as he owns shure equiptment.......

Anyway, i am going to do it if no one can be hugley kind and giveaway a pair they are not using....And it is none of your business what i should do.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back