Shure Olives Softening?
May 24, 2010 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jjeremycai

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,
Since I've been using Shure olives on my Klipsch Custom 3's for awhile, I've been noticing that they've "softened" and lost some of that rigidity that they used to have. This is both beneficial and hurtful to their use because they are more comfortable when put in correctly, but it takes a lot longer to roll them up. Anyone have opinions or have experienced this?
Thanks for reading!

May 24, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 5
I know exactly what you mean, mine do this too - I think it's to do with sweat getting into them, cause if you try washing them in peroxide etc the same thing happens. Dunno what the solution is.

May 24, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #3 of 5
Since they're foam, they're eventually going to get to the point where you have to use new ones.

May 24, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 5
^
I agree. When I still used had the smaller nozzle iem's I used olives and after many months of use they would start to soften. That's why they come in multiple pairs and not just one. IMO for how long you use them they are worth it as they definitely last longer than comply foam :p

May 25, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 5
Yes, they do soften with age/use/sweat/washing. I keep using them until they're annoying me at the same time as I remember where all my spare tips are 
confused_face.gif
. I doubt anything you can do to them will get them back to new. At least, I haven't found anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back