Shure olives on the Image S4
Oct 2, 2009 at 8:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

metabaron

500+ Head-Fier
So I finally decided to get the S4 and for the most part I am pretty happy with them. But I was looking into getting some comply T-100 just because I have always been partial to foams. so I went to their website and lo and behold, what do I see? The foams also fit the SE Shure series. Since i have some olives left, I decided to try them and see if I could use my Shure olivesm, and sure enough, they fit the S4. Now, I dont want to spend money on extra foams if I can use the olives, but i realized that they are hard to get out (but for some reason, easier to put in than in my SE 210). So my question is, are the comply a better fit for those that have tried them than olives? I don't want to damage my S4s, but if the comply are the same fit than the olives, I don't want to spend an extra $20 on them. Also, if I end up getting the complys, what size should I get? With the shure olives, I wear the smallest size.

Oct 13, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 2
You can see that the nozzle on the S4 has 2 sizes. The Klipsch tips fit on the small outer nozzle, but I have some older Shure rubber tips that fit on fake E2c and those tips slide all the way to the larger nozzle section, up against the body.

With Comply tips, I don't know what the different sizes are of the tube inside the tips. I have an old set of T400s that I should try on the S4 nozzle.

Since the Shure olives have to tube like the Comply, I would think the olives fit onto the S4 nozzle. I like the Shure olives best of all the types of tips for comfort and isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back