Shure Olives have breathed new life into my UM2s!!!
Oct 29, 2007 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bull Moose

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all. Well, this afternoon I experienced something I hadn't expected. I arrived my shure olives from FMA solutions (quick shipping as usual with this company) and put them on my Atrio M5s hoping for improved isolation and a further enhanced SQ, only one of which I experienced. I did indeed get much improved isolation when compared to the included bi-flanges, but in terms of SQ, i was not at all a fan. BUT....when I put them on my UM2s, BIGGG difference. Everything seems more balanced, especially the bass. I've always been a fan of big bass, but after the atrios I've realized that it doesn't have to come in a big boomy form for me to enjoy it. Well, what I feel the olives have done with the UM2s bass is simply control it to an extent where it seems to be more in a realistic range. Not nearly as boomy as it was, still not as deep as the M5s bass, but still a very much appreciated improvement. I was pretty sure I was going to sell my UM2s but it looks like I'm holding on to them for a little while longer. So, if you'd like some different sound from your tired UM2s, give the shure Olives a try, you may like what you hear!

Oct 30, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #3 of 3
man, that is a haaard decision. Well, given that the atrios have deeper bass and cost about half the price of brand new UM2s, I'd still have to say the atrio's, but I still dont' like how much they stick out of my ears. With the UM2s I usually forget I'm even wearing them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back