Shure headphone cases - why!?
Nov 5, 2007 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

eruditass

Previously known as DoomzDayz
why do the insides have to be of that material?? it gets the fuzz on my tips and that defeats the purpose of the case because weird stuff is now going in my ears!

i don't want to buy a new case!

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #3 of 9
no, but not really fuzz, just small lines/strands of black fabric

i can take pictures tomorrow though.. but just look on the isnideo f your case and rub your finger against it

what i do like is that i can fit my sansa clip in with my headphones though.

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #4 of 9
I haven't had issues with my Shure cases. Nothing appears to rub off the case interior.

cheers
Simon

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #5 of 9
well i use a little bit of lubricant to let them slide right in. granted, rubbing hard still causes those black strands to come off onto my fingers on every case.

perhaps i can find a mini vacuum or wash it out or something. it is new. same with all the cases i have had, e2c, e500, e4c, and scl4

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #6 of 9
I noticed too that the Shure case lining does get on your tips--very annoying.

Nov 5, 2007 at 10:46 AM Post #8 of 9
ive not had bad experience with the cases for shure earphones, the material you talk about i think is a decent choice, not too spongy and not to hard to cause marks and scratches from throwing about.

i see exactly what you mean tho but the material seems very tight to the case an it certainly hasnt started to...rub off i assume you mean. i usually tend to give my earphones a quick blow and give the foams a wipe before insertion anyway. i see what you mean tho, ill keep an eye out see if it loosens over time

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:48 AM Post #9 of 9
I don't have experience with Shure cases, but the small case that comes with the Ety's does this to the silicone flanges and even sometimes the foam. My solution for you is to buy a metallic case from Ultimate Ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back