Shure has great customer service!!!
Jun 9, 2007 at 10:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Wotan1

100+ Head-Fier
Last year I purchased the shure E500 IEM's. I'm very happy with this product. However I noticed to my horror that the isolation wire close to both phones worn out and the inside (copper) wire is visible. This feels like the beginning of the end and this is not something I expect from such a high priced item in such a short periode (10 month).

Anyone out there having the same experience?

Jun 9, 2007 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 10
Yeah, i've just had to replace mine for the exact same reason. You are still in your warranty period, so just get them replaced. Shure customer service is excellent

Jun 9, 2007 at 11:38 AM Post #3 of 10
I didn't buy them from Shure direct, but from Ace Digital Club, a company under Amazon.com. I did send them an email, so keep my fingers crossed? Or should contact Shure direct?

Jun 9, 2007 at 12:00 PM Post #4 of 10
As long as you have a receipt with the date of purchase on it, you can deal with Shure direct, which should be more efficient

Jun 9, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #5 of 10
TS,

I do have an email confirmation. Nor s(h)ure about the invoice. Some how these things keep disapearing (like my socks).

Thanks for answering my questions (including the RB PM).

Jul 9, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #6 of 10
Shure's distribitur in The Netherlands (TM audio) has taken care of the issue and replaced the old ones for a new pair (with the new back olive tips). After 10 months nearly back to square one, but I'm happy. Guess they do not need to much burn-in time. Shure/TM thanks for the great customer service.

Jul 9, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #7 of 10
Shure customer service is outstanding!

About a month ago I snapped-off the "nozzle" on one of my e500's while removing the olive foamies. Sure replaced the headphones under waranty toot-sweet. Got them back within 6 business days.

I felt so ashamed about breaking them. Sigh. Confession is cathartic, ain't it?

-m

Jul 9, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestSpecimen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As long as you have a receipt with the date of purchase on it, you can deal with Shure direct, which should be more efficient

How about if you buy from an ebay seller? Brand new ones of course.

Jul 9, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #9 of 10
Yep Shure CS is great. I got mine off Ebay. (Shop2Space I think is the name.) Oddly, it wasn't the wire that split like most people... The rubberish piece wrapping the wire as it goes into the earpiece came loose.

Shure wanted the earphones, the PTH, and proof of purchase, and that's what they got. No tips, no extra wires, but the earphones, PTH, and a receipt for my payment printed from the email.

1 week later, and I have a brand new E500 package.

I've done similarly with the E2's in the past.

Jul 9, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #10 of 10
I just bought a pair of E500s and can confirm that their production date is stamped on the plug, just like with the E2Cs. You should be able to send them in without a receipt and get them replaced as Shure will know by that date whether they are under warranty. This works well unless you bought them significantly later than after they were manufactured and issues crop later than that manufacture date.

Their site details how to send them in for a warranty claim and what you need to send (with E500s, they want the PTH, cables, case, everything).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back