Shure Free Upgrades Under Warranty
Apr 17, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #2 of 21
why the heck would they do that..?
blink.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by smsmasters /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone here been giving a free upgrade under warranty replacement?

Where you get this piece of information from?
If this would be offered by shure, then it's more likely that the upgrade looks like this: e2c > se210

Apr 17, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #7 of 21
They won't. They'll replace it with an E3. If you want to upgrade, get the replacement E3, sell it, and then put the proceeds towards the purchase of an E4.

OT: Is it really necessary for you to have such a long signature?

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #8 of 21
I've got a question about Shure warranty:
Today I received new E500s which come from warranty replacement and there is a question: does 2 years warranty start again and it start from the day when new E500 were shipped to me? I've written about it to Shure service but they haven't answered...
I don't have got receipt, but I have some documents which come from Shure service. Do they equal receipt?

Apr 17, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got a question about Shure warranty:
Today I received new E500s which come from warranty replacement and there is a question: does 2 years warranty start again and it start from the day when new E500 were shipped to me? I've written about it to Shure service but they haven't answered...
I don't have got receipt, but I have some documents which come from Shure service. Do they equal receipt?

It should carry its normal warranty unless otherwise disclaimed. Disclaimer will be conspicuous in writing as required by law, so a quick read through of the warranty will help.

Apr 17, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by tubaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It should carry its normal warranty unless otherwise disclaimed. Disclaimer will be conspicuous in writing as required by law, so a quick read through of the warranty will help.

What is "required by law" varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

Apr 17, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by smsmasters /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well anyway, I've asked sure if they can replace my E3c for the E4c instead. No harm in asking
smily_headphones1.gif

I will post here how I get on.

i don't see why anyone would. That's like going to a bank and asking if you can replace your $20 bill with a $100 dollar bill.

Why not ask for E500 then?

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayehs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i don't see why anyone would. That's like going to a bank and asking if you can replace your $20 bill with a $100 dollar bill.

Why not ask for E500 then?

Well, I've had Logitech replace my Mediaplay Mouse costing £15 with the G5 Laser Mouse which costs around £50 (They actually sent me 2x G5 Laser Mouse as the first one had slight problem, but I got to keep everything)
tongue.gif

I will post here if I'm lucky with Shure.

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is "required by law" varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

Thanks for the tip. Please name one jurisdiction in the US that allows hidden disclaimers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back