Shure foamies in Boston, MA?
May 28, 2006 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

gshan

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, I'm leaving in a few days for my sister's graduation from Wellesley and just realized that I need a new set of foamies for my Shure E2's. Shipping from an online dealer would most likely be too late. Does anyone know of any retail stores in Boston that carry these? Close to subway and reasonable walking distance preferred. Thanks...
smily_headphones1.gif

shan

May 28, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 18
I can't remember where I was, but I know that Brookstone carries most Shure things; I remember being shocked that they carried something other than crappy noise-cancelling headphones.

May 29, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #5 of 18
PM me. I live on Boston's north shore. I can mail a pair to Wellesley.

But really, what kind of a brother are you? Can't you stay away from the music at least long enough to see your sister graduate? Instead of worrying about FOAMIES, did you get her a nice present? Maybe you'd like me to send HER the FOAMIES?
gs1000.gif

May 31, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #8 of 18
I think that in both the San Francisco and Boston airports there are stores that carry our foams for E2's. I'm certain that InMotion Pictures (the DVD rental place) stocks them, and there may be others that do too.

May 31, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #9 of 18
I think the Apple store in Chestnut Hill sells them. which is on Rt 9, very close to Wellesley. I know they sell Shure headphones, so hopefully they can help you out. You can get the number from Apple's website.

May 31, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
Wellesley? Man...if there's one thing that can stop me from listening to music, it's checking out the hotties.
tongue.gif

And, referring to Wellesley students and graduates as hotties, especially while wearing headphones, is sure to be a successful strategy to establish a new relationship.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:56 AM Post #11 of 18
I was wondering; I live in Holland and my brother is going to Boston within a few weeks. And since I'm looking for some Grado SR60's, but here they cost about 145 dollars, instead of the normal 69 dollars, I'm asking him to buy them there.
What is the best place for him to buy them?

Nov 1, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #12 of 18
the apple store in the chestnut hill mall is a great idea -- i bet they would have them.

definitely can get them in logan -- i know for sure in terminals b (us air side) & c.

Nov 1, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by standardome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering; I live in Holland and my brother is going to Boston within a few weeks. And since I'm looking for some Grado SR60's, but here they cost about 145 dollars, instead of the normal 69 dollars, I'm asking him to buy them there.
What is the best place for him to buy them?

go to spearit audio on commonwealth ave (right near boston univ). i'm pretty sure they carry them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back