Shure, Ety, AT Buds discussion ---> w/ Nano
Dec 9, 2005 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

CamelBackCinema

500+ Head-Fier
Planning on either getting a nano or river flash player. Was trying to find some above average portable buds/IEMs. I once saw you could get E2 for like under 50 bucks, where is the best place to find them? I was also wondering about all the threads about how horrid the Shures were or whatever but honestly are they good or bad if you just looked at them and didn't compare them to anything else.

If I can find the shures, I am probably sold on them but if I can't, I wanted to get the ER6i or ER6. I am wondering if the 10 bucks difference matters at all. I read the review. I dunno. I guess the main factors would be the type of music I listen to but since the nano only has 4 GB, I am forced to make all my music in mp3 formats with small bytrates. I am wondering if it is even worth getting nicer phones.

Also, can anyone point me to a company that makes awesome buds. I went to Audio Technica and wow, 200-300 dollars retail for those suckers, I was wondering if those are good, tried searching but couldn't find much.

I think I saw at JR.com that the titanium earbuds for 125. But I still think that is way too much for buds.

Dec 29, 2005 at 7:17 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by CamelBackCinema
Planning on either getting a nano or river flash player. Was trying to find some above average portable buds/IEMs. I once saw you could get E2 for like under 50 bucks, where is the best place to find them? I was also wondering about all the threads about how horrid the Shures were or whatever but honestly are they good or bad if you just looked at them and didn't compare them to anything else.

If I can find the shures, I am probably sold on them but if I can't, I wanted to get the ER6i or ER6. I am wondering if the 10 bucks difference matters at all. I read the review. I dunno. I guess the main factors would be the type of music I listen to but since the nano only has 4 GB, I am forced to make all my music in mp3 formats with small bytrates. I am wondering if it is even worth getting nicer phones.

I think I saw at JR.com that the titanium earbuds for 125. But I still think that is way too much for buds.

I go with the er6i over the shure e2s. Unless you just had to have the bass.

Dec 29, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by CamelBackCinema

I guess the main factors would be the type of music I listen to but since the nano only has 4 GB, I am forced to make all my music in mp3 formats with small bytrates. I am wondering if it is even worth getting nicer phones.

I've got a 4gig mini and you don't necessarily have to use small bit rates...realistically, you're not going to listen to 4 gigs of music in a day, just swap it out every week or so. My mini is full with about 500 songs on it, half of what it's supposed to hold, but 500 songs is more than enough for me for any out and about use.

Dec 29, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
I've got a 4gig mini and you don't necessarily have to use small bit rates...realistically, you're not going to listen to 4 gigs of music in a day, just swap it out every week or so. My mini is full with about 500 songs on it, half of what it's supposed to hold, but 500 songs is more than enough for me for any out and about use.

I can't wait until Apple comes out with the 80 gig 5th ipod so I can have more place. But I have movies and other stuff on my ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back