Shure ES535 support satisfaction story
May 6, 2022 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

tensleep80

New Head-Fier
Recently, I decided to dabble in the portable DAC/amp/IEM game. Like any good audio enthusiast, I did some research and then jumped in with both feet.

I settled on a used ifi hip-dac for the power. I already have a Pixel 6 Pro OTG and a computer when I want to fool around with MQA.

For IEMs, I found a good deal on two sets of Shure ES535s, nib. Unfortunately, the first pair had a bad distortion in the left monitor. I switched sources, I switched cables, I bought the Bluetooth adapters for these earbuds (which are awesome), I used the headphone output on my Emotiva DAC, Marantz 8802A and Panasonic DMP-BDT500. The distortion followed the monitor.

I contacted Shure and they promptly sent an RMA. With high hopes, I double boxed my IEMs, insured them and sent them in the mail. I had good email correspondence, indicating the repair was in process. Earlier this week, I received notification that they were being sent back but with no indication of anything having been done.

The box arrived today with either a repaired or new monitor; I couldn't tell. I think Shure just replaced the IEMs. They were in separate packaging from the original packaging I had sent them in.

In the meantime, I had opened up the second pair and have been enjoying those with the Bluetooth adapters. These repaired units I will use for wired use.

I'm a very happy camper with the quality of the sound and the excellent support I received from Shure. Considering I purchased these from a Facebook reseller, they didn't have to do that. I will certainly purchase product from them in the future.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back