Shure earphones and the awesome amazing nozzle barb.
Oct 20, 2007 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Bunninator

Head-Fier
Does the E4 have a barb? I had an E3g that had one and an E3 that didn't.

The E3 that didn't have one would sometimes lose the flex sleeve in my ear. :/ I've get a lot more time out of a flex sleeve with a barb than without.

The barb is the greatest.

But yah, does E4 series Shure have a barb?

Oct 20, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #3 of 16
i'm having difficulty with mine on the e500. i find it takes quite a bit to get tips on/off.. and i really don't want to accidentally apply too much force, so for now i'm just leaving the tips that are on there. i think it's also a shame they're so much smaller... i can't experiment with any of the tips i have from other IEMs.... ah well...
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an older one, and it does not have the barb. It wouldn't be too difficult for Shure to update the E4 with a nozzle with a barb since the ear stem nozzle piece is a separate removeable piece.

-Ed

Is that a no regarding all E4 having a barb then?

So am I to understand the E4 has not a barb of it's own? Color me severely bummed out. :/

Oct 20, 2007 at 1:36 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunninator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that a no regarding all E4 having a barb then?

So am I to understand the E4 has not a barb of it's own? Color me severely bummed out. :/

they don't, afaik.

the newer SCL4's i have heard do (?)

we'll see when i get mine back from RMA

Oct 20, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #6 of 16
Well...E500s have nozzle barbs...OK, I admit it, I just like saying "nozzle barb." I'm going to try to work nozzle barb into a few conversations with real people today.

Oct 20, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #7 of 16
I filed the barbs on my se530s with a nail filer, after my horrible experience with my e500s. the tips were way to hard to get off, and I accidentally broke the post on the right earphone.

never again. i filed the barbs right away when i got them, and now its a pleasure to change tips. and no they dont get stuck in my ear
etysmile.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #12 of 16
This is a review from 06 w/ a pick w/ no nozzle barb, http://www.dansdata.com/canalphones.htm , but I would say to email Shure and ask them...make a note also that the SCL4 and the E4C are the same IEM's.

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I filed the barbs on my se530s with a nail filer, after my horrible experience with my e500s. the tips were way to hard to get off, and I accidentally broke the post on the right earphone.

never again. i filed the barbs right away when i got them, and now its a pleasure to change tips. and no they dont get stuck in my ear
etysmile.gif

That's exactly what I'm afraid will happen with mine. They're just too darn difficult to get on/off.... the tips that are on there now are fine, so I'm not even going to both experimenting. I really don't want to file them either.. I'd probably screw that up too.

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

etysmile.gif

Oh man, the same exact thing happened to me about three months ago. Shure replaced them toot-sweet. They still have the large olive foamies I originally put on as I'm afraid to remove them
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back