Shure E6 Coming SOON!
Jul 14, 2005 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

rx7_fan

500+ Head-Fier
A member of ipodlounge.com stated that he called Shure Vice President of quality control and got the un-official word that the are coming out with the E6 soon. Here is his exact words:

"I just got off the phone with Shure's vice president of quality control. I called Shure and told them about my problems and they transfered me to him when I said I'd gotten the triple flanges stuck in my ear. He said the same thing egokun said about twisting the phones when I want to remove them. He'd never heard of anyone getting them stuck before. He said he is sending me some new sleeves that Shure has not released but they may if the response is positive. He seemed very interested in hearing my feedback on my experiences with the E4 and offered to send me extra foam sleeves for free. He also said Shure will soon be releasing the E6 to replace the E5 since it's been out for a while..."

So looks like Shure is letting people know that the E6 is coming.

Jul 14, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 29
Or at least that they have let one person know about it. I don't like the sound of the Shure E6C, I think it is the look of the 6 and the C togeather along with the sound...its darn hard to say 6C six times fast, just sounds strange...

Jul 14, 2005 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by PTheD
Or at least that they have let one person know about it. I don't like the sound of the Shure E6C, I think it is the look of the 6 and the C togeather along with the sound...its darn hard to say 6C six times fast, just sounds strange...

Oh, I don't know... I think it has a nice ring to it...
very_evil_smiley.gif

I don't know why this would really come as a suprise. Any company that intends to stay competitive will have to continue to inovate. IEMs are hot right now so it would be doubly foolish not to have something in the pipe.

Jul 14, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 29
Maybe the E5/c's will be cheaper now!

Quote:

Any company that intends to stay competitive will have to continue to inovate.

Then why hasn't Etymotic come out with something better than the ER4?

Jul 14, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #5 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by 450

Good question. If Etymotic came out with a dual driver IEM, it'd probably be the perfect IEM for me. But I think they are selling tons of ER6i's lately, maybe that is keeping them busy.

Jul 14, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #6 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by PTheD
I don't like the sound of the Shure E6C, I think it is the look of the 6 and the C togeather along with the sound...its darn hard to say 6C six times fast, just sounds strange...

Sexy 6C.

Jul 14, 2005 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 29
6C spoken in English means literally 'eat poo' in Cantonese.

Jul 14, 2005 at 11:57 PM Post #8 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by 450
Maybe the E5/c's will be cheaper now!

You know something... I have no idea... What I do know is the comment I heard the other day (which I happen to agree with very much) that came from the mouth of a pretty loyal Etymotic user. It was something to the effect of: Etymotic really needs to get their act together, they're falling behind quite a bit.

Jul 15, 2005 at 2:39 AM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
6C spoken in English means literally 'eat poo' in Cantonese.

pretty much every Shure product
tongue.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 3:06 AM Post #14 of 29
Down with E5 prices!! Discontinued? I'll take those off your hands for $50!!
biggrin.gif

I'm wondering what kind of design Shure will be going for in this new phone. Most likely dual driver, but imagine...nahhhh
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 3:07 AM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncledan
how about 6c=="s-e-x-y"

That was my first thought, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back