Shure E5's on american idol.
May 24, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #16 of 23
I have to suffer the infernal thing here in the UK.
But, we tend to record the winner and ignore the rest!
Would you believe all the Coke logos are smudged out on the glasses!!!
I don't know why Shure didnt insist on some publicity for supplying the stuff.

Or maybe her earpiece came out deliberately so this post could start!

May 24, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by SAP7
I have to suffer the infernal thing here in the UK.
But, we tend to record the winner and ignore the rest!
Would you believe all the Coke logos are smudged out on the glasses!!!
I don't know why Shure didnt insist on some publicity for supplying the stuff.

Or maybe her earpiece came out deliberately so this post could start!

Nice hypothesis right there. The time I saw the contestant's IEM fall, I immediately noticed that they were actually using a lesser class of IEM than what I have/had in my inventory....That made me feel so proud of my transducer collection.
etysmile.gif

And that event added some fame points to shure, as well. I stand corrected, by the way.

May 25, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfried
I'm pretty sure it's an E1 by us (Shure) and not a UM1. I believe this to be the case because the performers are all using Shure wireless microphones and Shure wireless in-ear monitors that were set up by our artist relations team. I can confirm this if anyone wants me to.

OK, I'm surprised no-one else has asked this: why E1s? Haven't they been discontinued for a few years now?

May 25, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs
OK, I'm surprised no-one else has asked this: why E1s? Haven't they been discontinued for a few years now?

They were probably sold with the wireless systems and they still use them. Why would they upgrade? THey don't need incredible quality.

May 25, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by trevor1189
Well I don't usually watch American Idol, but my tivo started recording it as a "tivo suggestion" so I just let it go. But then I noticed their iems were easily identifiable, so I figured I would post some pictures. Don't mind the watermark on the images, I had to use a demo software to get the frame shots from the video.

Here is a pretty clear picture of the iem they use, although I don't know what it is, looks like old shure/westone model,???
americanidoliem7ep.jpg

Here is a picture of the host playing with the girls wireless iem system after it went dead in the begining of her song.
americanidoliem22lo.jpg

Here is another picture of him.
americanidoliem39in.jpg

This is a pretty useless thread and I know that almost none of you guys like American Idol (I don't really like it either), but I thought I would post some screenshots so everyone could see what "ear gear" they are using.
PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS THREAD INTO A "I HATE AMERICAN IDOL...." THREAD

Quote myself from the thread I started yestereday. HERE.

May 25, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #21 of 23
So, what amp is the dude in the last two pics using?
tongue.gif

May 25, 2006 at 1:37 PM Post #23 of 23
It's either a P6R or P7R. Considering it's in LA and considering how much other wireless is on the air I'm guessing it's a P7R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back