Shure E5C Headphones Just Arrived
Jul 16, 2003 at 2:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ken

100+ Head-Fier
after reading plently about shure headphones e5c i decided to purchase from maddog his ..
well i have owned er4s and loved them .
I feel that these e5c are more speaker like , to me a very natural sound.
It would appear that shure have tryed to address all the problems that we have spoken about here about the ety's
so cable noise is gone
bass is more speaker like
no more difficult to fit as er4s , these are very easy and i found that i could quickly take in and out of one ear.
let me remind you that there is no filters to puchase and remove with these.
I have found that er4s that are deeply and correctly fitted exclude far more outside noise than these. i have yet to try the optional 3 flange earplugs as in the er4s
I feel that there is less sybliance [spelling??] with the e5c , to me they just sound more natural. they are hard on poor recordings.

MadDog felt that these do not require and external amp and using my NetMd Sony I took the time to do some Altrac standard speed recordings, so I would have the highest quality recordings .
anyway i have been using a mini amp from fixup and in this case the mini amp actually was heard to roll up high end frequencies against the normal output of the sony. There was quiet marked
difference here.

So regardless of cost these are 10/10 for me and i rate the ER4S at 9 in the sound department. Dont get me wrong er4s are just great and i would be happy to use them anytime. But these shure are just the next step . Please note i am a portable only listener.

Jul 16, 2003 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 4
Nice description (specially about the microphonics and ease of input).

But 10/10, eh?

**amateur review instincts kicking in**

Jul 16, 2003 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 4
when i say 10/10 what i mean is that for me and portable listening these are the best ive heard. that is way i made the point at the end of my post that i was a portable listener.

I also own stax headphones which are not portable. These walk all over shure in the ultimate shoot out . That is to say that as we all know there is a heap of equipement that is not portable and is way ahead of portable equipement. So please consider my opinions in a portable situation only and more importantly in the earbud type comparision .

Jul 16, 2003 at 4:31 AM Post #4 of 4
Ken,
I am so glad that you feel comfortable with E5. It's a superb sounding earpiece that could last decades with its sturdiness,
I am sure we can agree on that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back