Shure E530 experiance
Jan 10, 2007 at 8:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

creyc

500+ Head-Fier
I got a chance to try these out with the new black foam tips just yesterday. I can't believe it took so long for someone to realize black makes a much cleaner looking foam tip!
wink.gif

I use a pair of UM2s after trying Super.fi 5 pros, 3's, Shure E4Cs as well as some cheap creative EP630's but I have to say, I might be switching soon!

These Shure's really take up where the E4's left off, imo. I've always been torn between the clean crisp sound of the E4's and the powerful deep bass of the UM2s. Ultimately I couldn't make the E4's fit my ear comfortably, but now the 530's change all that. The design lets the body of the earphone rest in the outer ear at a comfortable angle that correctly positions the tip in your ear. They felt just as secure as my UM2's, which I trust with my life not to fall out.
smily_headphones1.gif

They are a little less sensitive than the UM2s, a welcomed change to me as it will help hide the noise floor of my shuffle. It didn't have the PTH inline though, so I'm not sure if that changes anything. The sounds has the same brilliant mids and crisp highs as found on the E4, but with greatly enhanced low end. On the whole I preferred the sound to my UM2s, and it was only my first listen! In a non-custom fitting earphone, this E530 is nothing short of amazing, it seems like it does it all.

Which is great...because now I need to find like $500.
redface.gif

Jan 10, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #2 of 7
SE530 is the same as E500s, so you can get it much cheaper than that
wink.gif

A few members also commented that the newer E500s come with those black foam tips, which I would like to try as well...

Jan 10, 2007 at 8:32 AM Post #3 of 7
Well, yes they told me they're just changing the numbering to fit in with the current lineup. 530 meaning 3 drivers. Their new naming convention is smart.

The black foam tips are cool. I have them on my UM2s now. They're not quite as good as complys for comfort in my opinion, and isolation is slightly less. They are covered in a non-porus plastic covering which keeps them very clean though, and they expand very slowly like a comply to fit your ear. They are my new everyday listening tip choice.

I'll still keep my comply longs around though for when I don't want to hear the 747 taking off 5 feet in front of me.
wink.gif

Feb 10, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 7
Any one know how much the SE530 will cost with the PTH unit and without. I just emailed a Canadian store (Marcopolo) and he says that the Se530 with the PTh will cost 499 canadian Dollars. How about Without the Pth Device ?

Feb 10, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #5 of 7
Without the PTH unit it will cost 449$. Just check out earphonesolutions.com for more information. They say that the new SE-Series will ship in March (the SE420 a bit later).

I live in Germany and it seems to me, that I´ll have to wait till April. But maybe I get test-samples of two of the new SE-Linup-Phones for cyberbloc.de within the next weeks.

Feb 11, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #6 of 7
Congrats on your new toy.

I had a shootout recently between the E500s and the UM2s.

There was no contest.

To my ears, the E500s bested the UM2s in every conceivable way.

I am intrigued by the UM3s, so I may give Westone a shot one more time when they come out, but they are going to have to floor me in order to top the E500s.

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #7 of 7
I love my Shure E530.  Foam tips included.  I went from Super.Fi 5 EB to these, and they're much better sounding.  I'm not a fancy audiophile so I can't say much more than that, but they kick ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back