Shure E500
May 20, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to know if any of you have had to send back your E500 for repair or warranty due to cracking/breaking of the tube where you insert the tip in?

The 500's obviously have a poor design or use an inferior plastic compared to the rest of the line. Mine just broke for the 2ed time in a month.

May 20, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #4 of 18
How much will I pay to repair my used (and upcoming) Shure E500 if they break? They have no warranty.

May 20, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #5 of 18
Sure beats me why they didn't implement the same interchangeable tube design as they did for the E4. The tubes on my E4 haven't broken yet, but I know that when it does break, I just have to swap it over for the spare they give you with the packaging for the E4.

May 20, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much will I pay to repair my used (and upcoming) Shure E500 if they break? They have no warranty.

Depends on the serial number of the E500's if they do or not have warranty. I don't think the E500's have been out for 2 years or have they?

May 20, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #7 of 18
Does it also depend on the fact I live in Italy (and the E500 come from the USA)? Besides, I don't think they'll come with the bill.

May 20, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #9 of 18
If you do not have the receipt, I've read on here before that Shure (USA at least, don't know about the European service people) will just read the plug on the date and count 2 years from what it says as the date of manufacture.

If you do have the receipt, they will count 2 years from the purchase date, but if you don't, they will count 2 years from date of manufacture which is shown by the plug stamp.

May 20, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #11 of 18
bought mine right when they came out, have been swapping several different tips, settled in on just the black foams, but take them them off weekly to clean them, I dont have an issue with mine at all, so far the build quality has held up well, but I could see where you could easily break that nozzle off.

May 20, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #13 of 18
No problems with mine so far, had it for about 4 weeks now. I do take good care of gadgets anyway. I can see how the nozzle/tube can break though, seems a bit weak especially when you're trying to put the foam tips on.

Anyway, I did have the Shure E3c which I bought from the USA. It became defective and Shure Distribution UK let me exchange and upgrade to the E4c for a small fee. I was told that the warranty starts anew.
smily_headphones1.gif

Shure's warranty is great. I guess it depends on your country though.

May 20, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #14 of 18
guys, if you gently twist back and forth, you won't be snapping the nozzles off. think about it....it's PLASTIC. in between your meaty grubby paws, plastic will break. it doesn't matter what "grade" it is. it's a 1/8" piece of plastic. maybe Shure should have included instructions on taking off sleeves.

twist on, twist off. they come off with relative ease.

May 21, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #15 of 18
Thanks for the information. I asked because a friend of mine has had the tips break twice in his E500. I know he is careful so I was wondering if that was a know issue or not. So far based on the input it seem like maybe 1/4-1/3 are experiencing some kind of issues with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back