Shure E500
Dec 6, 2006 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

modern lovers

New Head-Fier
I think I've made the decision to get these. (Shure E500)
Amazon is retailing for $499 ugh
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-E500PTH-...&s=electronics

How about this? 99.9% feedback.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SHURE-E500PTH-So...QQcmdZViewItem
Can't See how this could be fake but I'm pretty inexperienced with ebay. Any opinions or experiences anyone has had with ebay headphones of this calibur (or this seller) would be great.
Thanks a ton
(sorry if this topic is inappropriate in its linkings or placement on the forum)

Dec 6, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #3 of 32
I actually ordered from this seller just last Saturday. I paid for USPS Express Mail and it came one business day later on Monday. I picked that seller because he was the only one who didn't require a confirmed paypal address.

Er, never mind.

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headroom. E500 for $399, with a 30-day return privilege. Can't beat 'em.

$345 vs $399 is a pretty big gap. Thats like a free ALO dock difference.

Dec 6, 2006 at 10:16 AM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headroom. E500 for $399, with a 30-day return privilege. Can't beat 'em.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$345 vs $399 is a pretty big gap. Thats like a free ALO dock difference.

For something at that price, you'd want to buy from an authorized Shure dealer though! At least you know who to go for when something happened to them for help and get it fix. I bought mines from Headroom and their customer services are top notch!

I'd pay the extra $50 just for the peace of mind.

Dec 6, 2006 at 2:40 PM Post #8 of 32
Shure's customer service is really good, so you don't really need to worry about having bought them from an authorized dealer, or even having a receipt. I like Headroom b/c of their 30 day return policy, which is especially helpful for canal phones, which seem to be more listener specific than other hps.

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

I like Headroom b/c of their 30 day return policy, which is especially helpful for canal phones, which seem to be more listener specific than other hps.

Yep. Reviews of any given IEM (or headphone for that matter) are always all over the board here and the only way to know for sure is to try them yourself... kind of a risky proposition for high-end phones without a return option. I buy from Headroom almost exclusively because of their very fair and customer-focused return policies (and very competetive pricing) and as long as these are in place there's simply no reason to shop anywhere else, IMO.

Dec 6, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #10 of 32
i'd say save the $50 and get it on ebay. you can always sell it on this forum if you don't like it...

Jan 4, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #12 of 32
I'm about to order some Etymotic ER-6i's from this ebay seller Space2Shop. Is the guy really legit? Is this stuff refurbished?

I did a check on google maps and the 'office' is on a housing estate near a freeway....

Just a bit skeptical as i've been ripped on ebay before.
frown.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by delorean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm about to order some Etymotic ER-6i's from this ebay seller Space2Shop. Is the guy really legit? Is this stuff refurbished?

I did a check on google maps and the 'office' is on a housing estate near a freeway....

Just a bit skeptical as i've been ripped on ebay before.
frown.gif

The guy is legit and the stuff is not refurbed unless stated.

Jan 4, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #14 of 32
I got them from these homos (CAD prices)

www.tomlee.ca

Should be about 440CAD

I RMAd them a month and a half ago through these guys and no reply.

Jan 4, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by JLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The guy is legit and the stuff is not refurbed unless stated.

Cool, it says on the ebay ad it's not refurbished goods for them. It's just the price seems a bit too good to be true and it looks like a 'from home' operation.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and try them out. Just hope the ER-6i's are worth it!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back