Shure E500 zip case issues
Oct 12, 2006 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

StevieDvd

Headphoneus Supremus
Have other E500 owners found the zip on the carry case really hard to open/close. I'm worried about getting a cable trapped and not noticing it as the zip is so stiff.

Is this a one-off or do others have the same issue?

If mine is just a one-off I'll contact Shure for a replacement, but I wanted to get some feedback from others in case it's a problem that goes away after more extended use.

Steve

Oct 12, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #5 of 9
Yes, the E500 case is a bit difficult to use. The zipper is stiff and easy for the cable to get caught in it when trying to zip it.

Oct 12, 2006 at 5:23 PM Post #6 of 9
the Shure E500 is very stiff for me as well.

Oct 12, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by afbug
My case's zipper is very stiff too and I find the case a little too big and weird looking so I just use the Westone universal case instead. It fits the E500 and extension cables plus some extra tips only. PTH cannot fit in.

Here is a pic:
http://www.westone.com/cgi-local/Sof...html?E+scstore

That's basically the same as the one bundled with the E4. The E4 case is completely round though.

Oct 12, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #8 of 9
OK so it's not just mine then I'll not bother Shure with a call. I'll just use my UM2 case for daily use and keep the backup pair in the stiff Shure case.

But perhaps it's wise to know the case zipper is stiff and you must check that you don't trap your cable in it by mistake.

Thanks guys!

Steve

Oct 12, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
That's basically the same as the one bundled with the E4. The E4 case is completely round though.

Similar but not the same. The Westone one is larger and have a little pocket to hold extra tips. It has a strap and double zipper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back