Shure E500 with Westone UM56 custom ear mold tips
Jun 13, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #17 of 22
yeppers. it's going to cost me 80 canadian + tax.
vs the around the 130 for the UM56's.

and unlike westone, they can come in medical grade silicon. um56's only come in vinyl. (for strength).

and i'm just bringing my westones in. they guy will fit them on the spot. so your UE's? no problems. just find yourself your local audiologist and start backtracking their labs from there

Jun 13, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

and unlike westone, they can come in medical grade silicon. um56's only come in vinyl. (for strength).

and i'm just bringing my westones in. they guy will fit them on the spot. so your UE's? no problems. just find yourself your local audiologist and start backtracking their labs from there

dont know if I get it?, I mean the triple.fi's have MUCH larger nozzle then westone, or shure.., should I just ask for bigger hole when I order (from where can I do this, I mean, different sizes?)

Jun 13, 2007 at 11:05 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure I quite understand what it is your getting from the audiologist? I thought they just did the impressions?

Jun 13, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #21 of 22
He's saying he's getting the ear pieces from them. I'm going to call around to some local audiologists in my area, see if any of them do it.

Jun 13, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #22 of 22
I guess I kind of gathered he was doing something along those lines, I guess I was more wondering about the details of it, like what to ask for beyond the impressions. Is this a modification of product an audiologist would normally sell? Things like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back