Shure E500 PTH worth it?
Jan 12, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 View Post

Actually the Shure E500 and Shure SE530 are really 2 different earphones. The SE530's have ventilation for the 3 drivers while the E500 dont so the 530's will give you a more fuller sound with better BASS.

Yeah so I think everyone agrees they are the same model and this guy is wrong.

you betcha

Jan 12, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I am right, but not all the drivers are vented only the tweeters are in SE530 models.....

"Shure sought to simplify its earphone lineup for the consumer channel by introducing a three-armature earphone called the E500 (later renamed SE530 and with newly designed Internal Air Vented Tweeter)"

Buddy, read the entire thing:

"Shure sought to simplify its earphone lineup for the consumer channel by introducing a three-armature earphone called the E500 (later renamed SE530 and with newly designed Internal Air Vented Tweeter)"

They're talking about the same earphone. You're not right, okay? You probably don't know who Sugarfried is. He used to post here all the time. He works at Shure and was part of the team that designed the E500 and he confirmed, to me personally, that they are the same design.

Just stop trying to spread misinformation and let it go.

EDIT: I would prove you wrong with PMs from him, but those got lost when Head-Fi went down last year.

Jan 12, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Actually I am right, but not all the drivers are vented only the tweeters are in SE530 models.....

I believe you have over-trusted someone on Wikipedia who may have mis-read information about a "Tuned BassPort"* which is exactly what you're describing but only available on the SE420. Plus in your original statment:
Quote:

Actually the Shure E500 and Shure SE530 are really 2 different earphones. The SE530's have ventilation for the 3 drivers while the E500 dont so the 530's will give you a more fuller sound with better BASS.

you say nothing about an "Air Vented Tweeter".
confused_face_2.gif

Hmmmm.

*http://www.shure.com/stellent/groups...h_glossary.pdf
^^ (at the very bottom)

Jan 12, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #21 of 23
If they are worth it? After hearing them for the short 6 months that I have them..
Fcuk Yeah!
biggrin.gif

'Nuff said.

Jan 12, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #22 of 23
I really think its just more polite to take off your earphones when talking to someone no matter if there a PTH or not...
therefore my conclusion is, its useless for me...

Jan 12, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #23 of 23
Oh by the way, I also bought my SE530 overseas, even second hand from another Head-fi'er, and Shure didn't give me any trouble when I had a problem with the 'phones.
They replaced everything for free!
How amazing is that
beerchug.gif

@ Feather225, I think he's just talking about the 'phones, not the PTH unit
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back