Shure e500 pth problem
Sep 14, 2006 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pcharouz

100+ Head-Fier
I bought the shure e500 like an hour ago at a local store, and the pth seems to not be working, somtimes there is a red light, what does that mean? I put new batteries in there, and still the same problem, when I raise the volume, it just makes the static louder, but doesnt make me hear the sorrounding anymore than with out it. Any ideas?

Sep 15, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 10
Are you sure that the battery orientation is correct? The top post (+) end of the battery should face up when installed in the battery compartment. Other than that... dunno... my light turns green when the PTH is activated, not red. Note that the microphone is located in the 'Y' section of the earphone cable and not in the PTH housing itself so make sure that the earphone section is properly connected to the PTH... which I guess it is or you wouldn't be hearing anything at all...

Sep 15, 2006 at 2:16 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic
Are you sure that the battery orientation is correct? The top post (+) end of the battery should face up when installed in the battery compartment. Other than that... dunno... my light turns green when the PTH is activated, not red. Note that the microphone is located in the 'Y' section of the earphone cable and not in the PTH housing itself so make sure that the earphone section is properly connected to the PTH... which I guess it is or you wouldn't be hearing anything at all...

The battery is in properly, I am sure, the plus is on the side that it closes. Sometimes its green sometimes red, I thought the battery is dead, so I put a different in there, but I still have the same problem. I will porbably go to the store today, and exchange it for a different one. How do you fit all that stuff in that little case? can u post a pic? and how well does the pth actually work, maybie its working, and I was just expecting a lot more out of it.

Edit: I forgot to say a kind of important thing, when I turn the pth on, it lowers the volume of the song, and adds static noise to it, so I am thinking something is wrong witht the actuall microphone.

Sep 15, 2006 at 5:55 PM Post #4 of 10
thats y i said u nv go wrong with ety er4. maybe some find it bass shy but i havent heard of any1 that is totally discontented with it. (apart from comfort issues)

Sep 15, 2006 at 7:15 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcharouz
The battery is in properly, I am sure, the plus is on the side that it closes. Sometimes its green sometimes red, I thought the battery is dead, so I put a different in there, but I still have the same problem. I will porbably go to the store today, and exchange it for a different one. How do you fit all that stuff in that little case? can u post a pic? and how well does the pth actually work, maybie its working, and I was just expecting a lot more out of it.

Edit: I forgot to say a kind of important thing, when I turn the pth on, it lowers the volume of the song, and adds static noise to it, so I am thinking something is wrong witht the actuall microphone.

Something's weird. Did you adjust the volume wheel on the side of the PTH module? It's small and a bit recessed.

When you flip the switch on the PTH to the on position, your music should be *totally muted*; all you should hear is the ambient sound in the room via the microphone.

Hope this helps.

Sep 15, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konig
thats y i said u nv go wrong with ety er4. maybe some find it bass shy but i havent heard of any1 that is totally discontented with it. (apart from comfort issues)

I vote for this post as non-sequitor of the day.

Sep 15, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ComfyCan
Something's weird. Did you adjust the volume wheel on the side of the PTH module? It's small and a bit recessed.

When you flip the switch on the PTH to the on position, your music should be *totally muted*; all you should hear is the ambient sound in the room via the microphone.

Hope this helps.

My PTH still allows some of the music to get through. There is heavy attenuation though.

Sep 15, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #8 of 10
I went to exhanged my e500's like an hour ago, and the pth works on the new one, so it was just defective, and it doesnt totally mute the music, it still lets a little through.

Sep 15, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcharouz
I went to exhanged my e500's like an hour ago, and the pth works on the new one, so it was just defective, and it doesnt totally mute the music, it still lets a little through.

I'm glad you managed to sort it out. S**t happens...

Sep 15, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #10 of 10
Since they let me have all the old sleaves when I exchanged them, I though I would experiment, and since the most comfortable sleaves for me are small grey, small clear, or foam, I knew I needed small, so I cut the tripple sleave thing, and its is the as comfortable as the small grey, but gives better islolation and is esier to insert, this might not be anything new, but if anywant uses the small sleaves, I recomend doing this:

I just cut the largest piece off.

here it is in my ear:

Edit:
I take that back, lol, they were comfortable untill now, now I started to feel a little pain, so I am swithching back to the fomies, or small sleaves

Users who are viewing this thread

Back