Shure E500-PTH $289 on ebay
Oct 8, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by slattikarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bugger. I just bought the SE530 for $349 on friday...
frown.gif

Although, at least mine is an authorised dealer and I have peace of mind...

Lol, me too. I just ordered them for $349 dlvd on Friday.

Oct 8, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by arevalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
VERY tempting but I may just wait for the Westone 3s..

this is killing me!

I'm sure alot of people will appreciate this, thanks for the heads up!!

My pleasure!
Shipping update: got confirmation today of priority 2 day shipping
cool.gif

FYI - checked actual cost with insurance was $11.70 – so not too bad of an abuse there. Will post review when I get these and comparisons with my other headphones
(650's, Ultrasone's)

Oct 9, 2007 at 7:35 AM Post #18 of 27
The E500 are very nice, but after having auditioned the Westone 3 side by side with my Shure's, I would recommend waiting for the Westones to come out soon. Retail is $399, but some audiologists will discount them because as one of them once told me, "we make our money on hearing aids, and you'll be back"
redface.gif

Oct 9, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The E500 are very nice, but after having auditioned the Westone 3 side by side with my Shure's, I would recommend waiting for the Westones to come out soon. Retail is $399, but some audiologists will discount them because as one of them once told me, "we make our money on hearing aids, and you'll be back"
redface.gif

When is the 3 coming out?

Would you say it is definitely 'better' than the E500, or is it more of a different tonal 'flavor'? I'm looking for an IEM that sounds kinda Sennheiser-ish.

Oct 9, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lockout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When is the 3 coming out?

Would you say it is definitely 'better' than the E500, or is it more of a different tonal 'flavor'? I'm looking for an IEM that sounds kinda Sennheiser-ish.

ive not heard the westone so i wont comment on them but the shure se500 are certainly ''sennheiser-ish'', particularly hd650-ish.

what headphonesaddict was saying is the shures are no way a bad set of IEM's but on first impressions the westone are certainly better to his ears.
etysmile.gif
its amazing how some people can love and hate phones so differently, ive turned down ue10 and triple fi for more listening with shures because 'to my ears' its more enjoyable listen for the music i listen to.
the westone are not too far off tho now and they should certainly be considered as they are the new triple driver iem on the block.
eggosmile.gif

Oct 9, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #24 of 27
Whenever Buttercup's Baby gets released.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back