Shure E500-PTH $289 on ebay
Oct 8, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #3 of 27
VERY tempting but I may just wait for the Westone 3s..

this is killing me!

I'm sure alot of people will appreciate this, thanks for the heads up!!

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNew007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
link?

also whats the estimate price on um3s?

$399 msrp and from what I've been seeing alot of people who have 'tested' the Westone 3's seem to like 'em better. That's def opinionated but I am not fortunate enough to buy both to see which one I'd like to keep. From reviews, the Westone 3's seem to have the upper hand so far and I can certainly wait and shell out extra if it's worth it.

I'm think I'm set on waiting for full review and comparisons once it comes out.

$20 for shipping is ridiculous.

head-fi is evil.

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by only500made /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, but the shipping is at butt-rape cost.

true dat, but (no pun intended), it was lubricated by the insurance included
rolleyes.gif

Oct 8, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #11 of 27
Just voicing an opinion, no experience with either but would go with ER4P's for classical.

They are said to be more natural sounding and accurate while the E500's seem to have more color.

Oct 8, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by BorisG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would you compare these to the ER-4Ps for classical music?

I have the ER4-S and let me tell you, classical music sounds absolutely mind-blowing with these IEMS. Today I listened to Beethoven's late quartets by Julliard while drinking coffee at Starbucks...I thought I was in heaven. Too bad I have to ship these out soon due to a trade I made for e500s. I have a feeling I'll be regretting this trade and will soon find myself buying a new pair of these.

Oct 8, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the ER4-S and let me tell you, classical music sounds absolutely mind-blowing with these IEMS. Today I listened to Beethoven's late quartets by Julliard while drinking coffee at Starbucks...I thought I was in heaven. Too bad I have to ship these out soon due to a trade I made for e500s. I have a feeling I'll be regretting this trade and will soon find myself buying a new pair of these.

I'd like to audition those too... have heard great things

Oct 8, 2007 at 10:55 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the advice. I'm just deciding which ones to get - the original plan was and still is to go for the Etymotics, but I've heard great things about the e500's as well, so I wasn't sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back