Shure E500 Pic!
Jan 5, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #16 of 30
The shape is indeed interesting, but I do not think it is cool though.

Also, I wonder if the push-to-hear add-on can be used for other IEM such as UE10 Pro.

Jan 5, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
The biggest thing for me as a commuter would be the push-to-hear technology. The microphone allows me to hear outside noises without removing the phone so it could cure my aversion to in-ears, since the vast majority of the irrittion problems are I think caused by frequent insertion/removal. With push-to-hear I could keep the phones in all through a commute.

I'll definitely be picking one up.

That's great bangraman. I'm also interested in that device if it does not distort the signal and hope it'll be available separately. Post your impressions when you get one, please.

Jan 5, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #18 of 30
of course, 2 years of canalphone usage have improved my lip-reading skills greatly, so maybe that's something i don't want to lsoe
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
Also, I wonder if the push-to-hear add-on can be used for other IEM such as UE10 Pro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iLounge
The Push-to-Hear add-on will sell for $60 extra.

Sounds like it might just be an inline mic, which when activated stops the music signal from being fed through and switches to whatever the mic is picking up.

Seems like it would work for any headphones.

Jan 5, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
The shape is indeed interesting, but I do not think it is cool though.

The link on the other thread states that the push to hear will also be available as a seperate accessory, in may for $59.00. I'm guessing that it will work with any headphone that uses a mini-plug.
tongue.gif

Jan 5, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #21 of 30
I don't like the design one bit. For me, the E5c are the best-looking universal canalphones on the market, and the design of the E500 looks like a big step backwards. I hope there will be different colors for them, too: I like my IEMs to keep a low profile when worn in public.

Jan 6, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by IZCool
I had a read of the Shure press release and it seems that you can fit the Push-To-Hear unit to any pair of earphones - it's probably just a small inline microphone/amplifier unit.

Shure makes an "ambience" mic as an accessory to its wireless in-ear monitor systems. It's a small microphone that plugs into the line input on the bodypack receiver of the wireless system to reduce the sense of isolation that you can get with IEMs. This Push-to-Hear accessory sounds like an inline version of the same concept.

Jan 9, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #27 of 30
I was part of the focus group that tested this feature. It is like a switch ( In the prototype) atleast with either a AAA batterry or the watch battery. When u press the button the outside mike gets activated. This doesn't pause the music though.The initial prototype made the sound echo( imagine head in a bucket). I am guessing they made this stereo in the production unit . Also it was built in the unit in the protoptype which the focus group recommended to be as an accessory. I am curious to see which switch they picked. There were three of them one used AA batterry with slide switch, one was AAA battery with depressed switch and other was with watch battery with depressed switch

Jan 9, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #29 of 30
Shure invited me. They also paid me $150.. I guess i bought my IEMs directly from them before so i got invited

Jan 9, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
I don't mind the way they look, but I hope there is a substantial gain in sound, over the E5c's. What I do not want, is an overly pronounced bass response!
biggrin.gif

i think you will be pleasantly suprised by the sound. the bass is beautiful, but definitely not overly pronounced. they don't quite have the oomph of the e5's, but they're a gorgeous step up from the e4's. possibly the smoothest earphones i've heard, very close to the universal prophonic 2x's they let you listen to at shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back