Shure E500 or UE TF10Pro, with SM IV, iMod.........
Jun 17, 2007 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

ZARIM

IP address matches SNOOP_DOGG and HFAUDIOPHILE.
If somebody own one of these IEMs(E500, TF10Pro, ER4P/S) and using with SuperMicro IV, iMod. Please tell me which IEMs have best synergy if use with this setup.

Jun 17, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 34
hope.....

Jun 17, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 34
Hi Zarim. The Supermicro is regarded for its sinergy with the Etymoric ER4S, that gain a tube-like sound, while keeping (or even increasing) their amount of detail.
Since my experimentation with Kenwood players, equalizer and Ety ER4 and Shure E500, I would assume that the Shure gain more extention with the Supermicro, while keeping their sound signature. The Etys, instead, "absorb" the tonal balance of what you use to feed them. I'd like to use a Xin Supermicro, and if I ever bought it, I'd use the ER4 with it, for this reason.
About the triple fi, I can't comment, but I'm looking forward to write a lengthy comparison between the E500 and ER4, tried with different equalizer settings.
For what I've seen with my previous HD20GA7 and my current HD10GB7 mp3 players, the Etys show a great sinergy with "Rock" preset, while the E500 don't change much whichever eq settings I use, and are always warmer than the Etys.

Jun 17, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #5 of 34
Thanks antony and Wildcard it's look like E500 is good match with SMIV. But how about highs on E500 when it connect to SMIV and are the highs more audible after AMPs help or still?.

Jun 17, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #6 of 34
I believe the E500 treble amount is more effected by eartip choice than amp. You'll have search through the threads. Since they are similar to westone shape I believe it's the tri/bi flanges that do the trick.

The Xin is a bit warm so it is not going to help the treble be more prominant, maybe a bit more extended and/or detailed. Like Antony said they should keep their basic sound sig.

It may not be optimized for battery life yet but the excellent Rockbox EQ should be able to fix any treble issues also.

Jun 17, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #7 of 34
I think the E500 don't need a warm amp be brought to an higher level. They are already VERY warm. Instead, the supermicro should be exactly what the ER4 need.

Jun 18, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #12 of 34
Hi trose, wish you tell me the actual launch date but until that i need atleast SE530 or TF10Pro. I will buy Westone 3 as soon it's release and hope it hapen in this summer
wink.gif
. Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zarim Westone 3's are close are you considering them?

Jun 18, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi trose, wish you tell me the actual launch date but until that i need atleast SE530, ER4P/S or TF10Pro. I will buy Westone 3 as soon it's release and hope it hapen in this summer
wink.gif

I think the ER4P/S would be a big mistake IMO. No real low end.

The ETY clan will disagree but you have trusted me so far!!! LOL!

ps and for the record I really dont know the launch date.

Go Customs! AND BE DONE WITH IT! lol!

Jun 18, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #14 of 34
Ok i remove it to my list(trust you buddy)
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back