Shure E500 gets HOT Rodded & Pimped!
Mar 15, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #16 of 41
Wow those are very nice looking
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #19 of 41
Wow EFN, these are amazing. You really got a hand for these things.

I like how you chose to have the random numbers on the shrinkwrap. Looks original.

Mar 15, 2009 at 8:29 AM Post #20 of 41
Thanks for sharing this. Brilliant stuff!

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #22 of 41
This appears to be a very nice work!
You did it by yourself and only for yourself? Or you are thinking to create a recabling services?
Overall i like your work, the Shures now seem some kind "militar" stuff and indestructible too.
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #23 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by archigius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This appears to be a very nice work!
You did it by yourself and only for yourself? Or you are thinking to create a recabling services?
Overall i like your work, the Shures now seem some kind "militar" stuff and indestructible too.
wink.gif

Hey thanks. I am not permitted to discuss that openly here as to prevent the violation of commercial regulation. Please PM me if you wish to know more.

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #24 of 41
If my SE530's ever die and Shure won't help me out, I damn sure know who to PM
biggrin.gif

Amazing job! Nothing short of superb craftsmanship
eek.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #28 of 41
Excellent work PFN!

I liked the gun metal, but I think I like your shells better. They are more rugged looking.

Doesn't suprise me that you get stronger highs and give up some bass with the silver. That's been my experience when I DIYd some silver ICs.

It's good to see the Shure E500 being maxed out. They are wonderful IEMs if not a bit too dark stock.

I still think you should have gone through with the PFE order. They are very much like Etys but without the harshness on certain recordings and a perfect balance all the way to the very low frequencies unlike the Etys. They also share the thicker sound of the Shures but aren't as colored. Of course they don't need any modding to sound better, so maybe it's best that you passed on them.

Anyway, the fact that you compared the Shures to E-stat IEMs speaks volume! Well done!

Mar 16, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #30 of 41
My 530's have gone exactly the same way - Hard and cracked.
They're out of warranty and I'm really debious about sending them to NullAudio from the UK, as when I've mailed them asking questions, they've been really hit and miss about coming back to me.

You've done an excellent job there by the way EFN!
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back