Shure E500 foam question
Apr 30, 2007 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Ooztuncer

500+ Head-Fier
Hi there,
I was wondering if ety er4p foamies (comes with the retail package) fit into shure e500's?

If not, I am in need of something, and is ordering directly from shure the only way to get them (even for one pair) > http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/P...eves/index.htm

Probably the black foams is the favorite - any other contenders? Thanks,

May 1, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 8
I'd like to know this as well
wink.gif

May 1, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 8
i have the black olives on my e500. they sound great, much more open than the soft grey rubber. i got mine at the Palm store in the bwi airport for 5 bucks a ten pack.

May 1, 2007 at 1:14 PM Post #6 of 8
Speaking of the Shure black foamies, why does it say NOT to clean them with an alcohol based disinfectant? I can't think of anything that would be better. It is very quick drying and leaves no residue like soap can.

I use the small (individually packed) swabs used for needle injections. Very good to travel with. I just make sure I don't get any alcohol on the housing itself. I fear it could eat away at the "R" and "L" designations.

May 1, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of the Shure black foamies, why does it say NOT to clean them with an alcohol based disinfectant? I can't think of anything that would be better. It is very quick drying and leaves no residue like soap can.

I use the small (individually packed) swabs used for needle injections. Very good to travel with. I just make sure I don't get any alcohol on the housing itself. I fear it could eat away at the "R" and "L" designations.

Maybe the alcohol dissolves the foam?

May 1, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe the alcohol dissolves the foam?

Yea, I guess maybe...but I'm not soaking them in alcohol. Just lightly wiping them to get the surface oil residue off. I guess I'll just have to see how long I can get a pair to last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back