shure e500 case(how do I fit everything in it?)
Sep 18, 2006 at 3:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

pcharouz

100+ Head-Fier
Can somebody please post a pic, or explain how to fit everything that comes with the e500's in that little case that they give you? The pth, long cable, short cable, adapter, and the actual earphones.

Sep 18, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #2 of 11
all that won't fit in it. i normally just put the actually IEM's in there. the extension cable will fit in there too. basically i just put the IEM's in the case and everything else in my backpack.

Sep 18, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #4 of 11
I am also putting IEM + extention cable in there aswell. I could make everything (without the extention cable) fit inside but it will take a very long time. Not practical when you are gonna spend 2 min trying to get everything to fit in nicely.

Sep 18, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #5 of 11
I don't believe you can fit it all in one case (unless you're Houdini), though someone will probably prove me wrong.
I just got my E500s and have ordered a spare case to house the PTH unit. The rest will go in the case that came with my E500s, though some of the parts I don't use regularly (Level Attenuator, 1/4" Adapter, airplane adapter, extra fittings, etc) may go in a spare accessories bag that is in my laptop bag, which travels with me when I'm on the road.
Shure should have provided either a larger carrying case or an extra carrying case for the PTH, but I guess that money went into the nice Metal Packaging
wink.gif

Well hope that helps. I'll be interested to see what other have decided to do.

Sep 18, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #6 of 11
While we are at it, I was wondering how everyone is "bundling" their amp/mp3/cd together? I just slip my hornet on top of the rubber jacketed iPod, connected by a short ALO cotton dock and stuffed into my loose pants pocket. Headphone cables go through my shirt, either front or back. I've seen pics here where people are tieing together the port amp and iPod with some straps. Anyone know what they are or if there is a more "elegant" solution?

Tuarreg

Sep 18, 2006 at 9:24 AM Post #7 of 11
There is a very lenthy thread called "Pictures of your portable rig- Part V: Viva La Audio Revolution" under the "Portables" heading. There are all kinds of pics of rigs there. I've gotten lots of ideas there.

Sep 18, 2006 at 1:14 PM Post #8 of 11
This thread makes me feel a little better
smily_headphones1.gif
I also only put the headphones and extension cable in the case. What was making me feel a little insecure about my dexterity was the fact the case is fairly large and all the reviews I read where they mention that everything fits inside the case. Personally, I would have preferred a smaller, more compact case.

Sep 18, 2006 at 1:47 PM Post #9 of 11
I feel better now, when I know I am not the only one, I put the headphones, short/long extension, 1/4' adapter, and some sleaves in the case, and the pth in a little bag I found. where can I get a extra case, just like the one that came with it?

Edit:
Does anybody use the volume level adjuster?, it would be a lot more usefull if it fit in between the earphones, and the extension/pth,

Sep 18, 2006 at 2:26 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcharouz
where can I get a extra case, just like the one that came with it?

You can buy it directly from Shure on their website($14.99):

http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/P...-25_carry_case

or from Amazon($15.18):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...959109?ie=UTF8

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcharouz
Does anybody use the volume level adjuster?, it would be a lot more usefull if it fit in between the earphones, and the extension/pth,

I may use it, if I ever decide to listen to the entertainment onboard a long flight, though I usually bring my laptop and my own entertainment with me.

Sep 18, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #11 of 11
I feel so relieved to find out I'm not alone. The Shure elliptical soft case has only enough space for the PTH, so what I do is to use the soft leather case that came from my UE Super Fi 5 Pro to store the headphone and cables.

I wonder why UE is so generous to give out more cases than you need but Shure is so cheap to give you inadequate equipments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back