Shure E500 burn-in time and method?
Feb 23, 2007 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DRSpeed85

500+ Head-Fier
I just got my E500s and they are already exceeding my expectation right out of the box. The isolation and soundstage is amazing for an IEM.

How long did u guys take it for it to burn-in and how did u guys do it?

Feb 23, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #2 of 9
The general consensus is that balanced armature drivers don't really burn in. On the other hand, it always takes a bit of time for your ears to adjust to a new sound signature.

My recommendation: Put on some good music, stick the E500's in with the foam sleeves, and kick back for a few hours...

Feb 23, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #3 of 9
Have to agree with Jasper here. While your e500s likely won't change, your perception of their sound will change as you become more accustomed to their sound sig.

Congrats on your score, they are a great IEM!

Feb 23, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pink Noise?

I prefer to listen to white nose. It is so much smother than pink noise.
280smile.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 1:21 PM Post #6 of 9
Brown noise is smoother and less grating.
wink.gif

Anyway, even Shure themselves have said that their IEMS do not require burn-in, so I'd take their word for it.

Feb 25, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #8 of 9
Earphone solutions said it is real with the UM2's and personally I think it made a huge difference in mine. They were muddy at first, and now they are a totally different animal (in a good way). I run pink noise for about 9 hours a night for 4 nights so far.

That said, burn in meant nothing to my EU Super.fi 5's. They sound great out of the box and get no better or worse.

I am not sure about the e500's. I will say that most would agree that it sure will not hurt (provided you do it correctly - pink noise or music about your listening level or a bit higher - not full volume).

Feb 25, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The general consensus is that balanced armature drivers don't really burn in. On the other hand, it always takes a bit of time for your ears to adjust to a new sound signature.

My recommendation: Put on some good music, stick the E500's in with the foam sleeves, and kick back for a few hours...

Ditto My UE-10's have not changed with "burn-in". However my Hornet has!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back