Shure E500: an initial reaction
Aug 1, 2006 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

analog'd

1000+ Head-Fier
my E500's are here and they look, feel and sound great!!! everything positive that everyone's already posted is true. I'm running them amped tonight but they'll go to work with me tomorrow and be run out of an iriver cdp, no amp.

do they replace my k1000's or gs1000's? nope. but my ety's have quite possibly been retired. will post again tomorrow about unamped results.

regarding the PTH:
they do sound better w/out the pth device, but I am willing to say that they are SO good overall that even with the pth in the path they sound pretty damned fine. therefore the pth is very usable in any situation in which i know i'll be interrupted. most of the time I'm listening it is ALL i am doing, and it is without interruption, and my attention is so focused that ANY difference is huge and to be taken advantage of, so out of the path goes the pth! but when I'm at work, or being interupted cause the kids need my attention off and on, or walking around town etc etc etc, the listening is not as critical, i'm not hearing every nuance in those situations as it is. so my review of the sound of the E500's with the pth in the path is that they still sound so very musical that the benefit will greatly increase my listening pleasure (will far outweigh the drawback) as I will not have to STOP the music and/or remove the iems. arrgh. i'm so tired it's hard to be succinct, but hopefully this has expressed what i was intending to express. the E500's are fabulous sounding and the pth is gonna be really great sometimes.

Aug 1, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #2 of 4
Funny, my very initial impression was something like "I waited this long for this?" Then I adjusted and took a moment to listen and was pleasantly suprised even with all I'd been hoping. I haven't heard the K1000 or GS1000, but I can safely say the E500 is in the top 4 or 5 cans for me. They blow the ety out of the water, for me.

Grats and enjoy!

Aug 1, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by analog'd
my E500's are here and they look, feel and sound great!!! everything positive that everyone's already posted is true.

THANK YOU!!!
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
THANK YOU!!!
biggrin.gif

thank you for your early impressions. y'all were right about the mids. i'm really more surprised by how great they are then i am by the amount of bass. I think listening so much to gs1000's set me up to be blase about these in that department, but tomorrow at work when i do a direct comparison to my er4's it'll snap me back to reality.

btw, the whole tonal range of these suckers is just a pleasure! a full palette in an IEM for this kinda money is almost a shock!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back