Shure E5 harsh?
Oct 31, 2004 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
What's your source?

Driven directly out of my Echo Indigo, they do not sound harsh at all.

Tried my ipod mini and my mixerboard (Behringer UB1204-Pro).

Raptor

Oct 31, 2004 at 4:35 PM Post #4 of 8
Thanks to bLue_oNioN, I'm getting mine tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif
-- I'll let you know how they sound with my iops cigarette lighter sized ogg player.

Oct 31, 2004 at 7:03 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor18
Tried my ipod mini and my mixerboard (Behringer UB1204-Pro).

Raptor

They sound fantastic with my iPod 3G 30GB, and with the Porta Corda attached. What quality are your encoded files as the E5c will show up bad recordings.

My E4s have a different sound but I do not find the E5s harsh at all.

Simon

Oct 31, 2004 at 7:55 PM Post #6 of 8
The E5 has a midrange peak like the E3, and so will sound harsh at loud volumes.
If it's sounding harsh, it's usually a good indication that you should lower the volume.

Oct 31, 2004 at 8:07 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie
The E5 has a midrange peak like the E3, and so will sound harsh at loud volumes.
If it's sounding harsh, it's usually a good indication that you should lower the volume.

Kyrie gives good advice, new e-5 owners sometimes turn up the volume seeking clarity, when a patient re-training of the ear will reveal sufficient detail to round out the sound sig.

As always, approach IEM's cautiously when learning the volume curve. The deep bass body cues we instinctively use to judge sound intensity are useless with canal phones, and our pain receptors only let us know when it is to late.

Oct 31, 2004 at 8:27 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie

Thank you very very much kyrie! You know exactly what i'm asking for and you just answered my question that's been bothering me for three days!
orphsmile.gif
The funniest part is that when i use the foamies, and press the canalphones against my ears with a special technique, the mids and highs gets a bit clearer. Maybe i physicly eq the original sound of the e5 when i do so, but i don't know. A note, everytime i apply an EQ on my mini the highs and mids gets better and i go "wow this sounds great" but i don't believe in EQ so i just turn it off and get used to it uneq'ed.

Raptor
Raptor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back