Shure E4c's or SE310's?
Oct 25, 2007 at 4:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Big Kev

500+ Head-Fier
I sent my E4c's back for repair and I've just received a brand new set of SE310's as replacement.

I don't think I'm wrong in thinking that these are effectively a step down from my old set (SE420 is the equivalent I think) and although new, I don't want to compromise the sound quality.

What would you do?

Cheers,

Kev

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #2 of 13
SE530 is E500, but the other new ones aren't identical to any of the old ones. Though both E4C and SE310 have that "tuned port" thing, and SE420 and E5C both have two drivers...

Oct 25, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #4 of 13
I would rate them as about equal. One driver, same price... Not the same phone though soundwsie it seems (haven't heart the 310 myself).

Oct 25, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would rate them as about equal. One driver, same price... Not the same phone though soundwsie it seems (haven't heart the 310 myself).

Cheers mate, if they're about the same, I might have done quite well out of this.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 9:03 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Kev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cheers mate, if they're about the same, I might have done quite well out of this.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think so too. Especially since the SE310 was made after the E4 and seems to have some improvements, especially better bass according to the reports.
So rejoice and enjoy, it weasn't your choice, but I think Shure did you a favor.

Oct 26, 2007 at 9:44 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think so too. Especially since the SE310 was made after the E4 and seems to have some improvements, especially better bass according to the reports.
So rejoice and enjoy, it weasn't your choice, but I think Shure did you a favor.

Just had this reply from Shure (The direct replacement for the E4C is the SE310.Both these are single driver units.), which looks like they have done me a favour indeed.
3000smile.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #10 of 13
ugh i hope i dont get e310's for my e4c's i sent in a week ago. i hear they have less detail, i don't care for more bass, i want more detail and extension. cnet says:

The piano is quite clear with the Shure E4c, but slightly less so with the SE310.

The E4c earphones offer a more balanced sound spectrum overall; as a result, you get a bit more detail in your music. However, if you want to experience more bass response, the SE310s will please your ears the most.

i thought e4c gets you SCL4's back..

although headroom says se310's isolate more which is what iw ant these phones for. also it shows that se310's extend a little further with the treble, any confirmations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back