Shure E4C vs Head-Direct RE2 vs ???
Feb 23, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by polska9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where can you find them for that price? anywhere in canada?

Futureshop did have it on Boxing Week, for $80, the Scl3 was $60. I don't think they have the Scl4 right now in Canada for that price, but you can still get the Scl3. There's was ten, fifteen of those when i was there yesterday.

Feb 24, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #17 of 20
SCL4/E4 is an excellent IEM, but I wouldn't pay full price or even US$180 today (well, maybe...). There are a lot of options at the same or lower price. The PFE is significantly lower, and is supposed to offer a very balanced sound with nice detail and supposedly good bass. Even the Etymotic ER-4P/S is around this, and offers a nicer treble detail (and remains a reference).

I still like my E4 (listened to them again over the weekend), and they compare favorably with others. But there are a lot of choices now at the same or lower price.

Feb 24, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobber65 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SCL4/E4 is an excellent IEM, but I wouldn't pay full price or even US$180 today (well, maybe...). There are a lot of options at the same or lower price. The PFE is significantly lower, and is supposed to offer a very balanced sound with nice detail and supposedly good bass. Even the Etymotic ER-4P/S is around this, and offers a nicer treble detail (and remains a reference).

I still like my E4 (listened to them again over the weekend), and they compare favorably with others. But there are a lot of choices now at the same or lower price.

i have to agree with you on this, i would take the PFE over the Shure E4/SCl4 right now if you had to have me choose. But i would choose the E4 over the ER4. Not the biggest fan of Etymotic Earphones, i'm not the supe detail high person. The only earphones that i liked made by Etymotic was the Im616 and the Im716.

Also, what can you say. The E4 is an old earphone, it was way up there when it first came out, so it was expensive. But today, we have much cheaper alternatives, at a fraction of the cost. Can't blame the earphone.

Feb 24, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #19 of 20
You said it. I like the Ety sound, but not the fit. E4cs fit me well, but while they are a classic, there are more and better alternatives now. Progress, progress...

Feb 24, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobber65 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You said it. I like the Ety sound, but not the fit. E4cs fit me well, but while they are a classic, there are more and better alternatives now. Progress, progress...

Exactly, i agree. i never liked the design, fit of Etymotic Earphones. Well minus the Im616 and Im716 as the housing was designed by altec lansing. The E4c's were the killers back then, but nowadays, as technology grows and ages. The Cheaper and Better it gets. Like the Phonak Audeo PFE for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back