Feb 26, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #20 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
My vote is for Ety's ER-4S
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
You can also try out UE super.fi 5 pro.

I'll throw the Altec Lansing iM716 into the mix.

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #22 of 59
amping the er4s would give you the best result since the ipod's headout has bass roll off. the er4p has a little more slightly more bass, and slightly less treble, it's pretty subtle when I tested it on the ipod's headout. the er4s sounds a little too bright for my taste on the ipod unamped. u'd wanna go with er4p if you are gonna use it unamped most of the time.

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #23 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Iriver
I find the E4 are far better. They are much more natural, and transparent. The etys are very far from transparency, with unnatural timbre and decay.

ONE PERSON AGREED
eek.gif

tongue.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #24 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane
ONE PERSON AGREED
eek.gif

tongue.gif

That, and every comparison review I've ever found on the internet, including the THREE in the head-fi archive (which compared the E3c with the ER-4P, but it's the same idea).

I'm really very surprised by the responses in this thread.

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #25 of 59
Some people would rather have more detail than having "fun" sound.

But I think this would depend on what type of music you're into and what you're using the for.

I would definatly use the ER-4P/S when I'm JUST listening to music, but I would rather go with the Shure E4 if I was performing in a concert (which I do).

Feb 26, 2006 at 12:49 PM Post #27 of 59
Like another poster said... woah. I'm really surprised at the responses in this thread... thought everybody loved the E4s here. Go Ety love!!

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #29 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
amping the er4s would give you the best result since the ipod's headout has bass roll off.

This is not true of the Shuffle or 5G. Not sure about the Nano.

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #30 of 59
My ER4S are so amazing! Paired with a Hornet, the synergy is nothing short of great.

iPod + lineout + RnB SBMini + Hornet + ER4S = Heaven

I don't get it when people claim that the ER4S isn't musical. I find them every bit as musical as my HD650 or SR-325i! Why can't a pair of 'phones be analytical and musical?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back