Shure E4C or Ety ER-6i?
Dec 21, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver
If you have the money, go for the E4's if you can.

The thing is that there was a relatively "big" problem with microphonic noise and the cables when I tried them. I heard that the E6s don't have this problem that much...

Dec 21, 2005 at 6:22 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diatribe
The thing is that there was a relatively "big" problem with microphonic noise and the cables when I tried them. I heard that the E6s don't have this problem that much...

if you are getting them for flying and using them unamped. I go with er6i.

If you wanted to have bass the UE.pro.5's or EBs are an option.

Dec 21, 2005 at 6:23 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

When I compared the ER6i and the E2c, the Etymotics were definitely more prone to microphonics problems than the Shures. Even so, I preferred the sound of the ER6i's and kept them despite the issue.

Dec 21, 2005 at 6:34 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

If you're just sitting put in your first class seat on the plane, I don't think microphonics will come into play?
smily_headphones1.gif

If only regarding noise from the cord I would think the Shures might do a better job since the cord goes behind the ear and down the back or in front of the torso.

Dec 21, 2005 at 6:45 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
If you're just sitting put in your first class seat on the plane, I don't think microphonics will come into play?
smily_headphones1.gif

If only regarding noise from the cord I would think the Shures might do a better job since the cord goes behind the ear and down the back or in front of the torso.

True.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
When I compared the ER6i and the E2c, the Etymotics were definitely more prone to microphonics problems than the Shures. Even so, I preferred the sound of the ER6i's and kept them despite the issue.

I'd even buy the E4C if there'd be a big difference but I guess unamped there is almost none.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
if you are getting them for flying and using them unamped. I go with er6i.

If you wanted to have bass the UE.pro.5's or EBs are an option.

Bass is not THAT important, at least for IEMs, I'll use my 701s if I want bass.
I guess I'll go with the ER6i since I'll be using them almost exclusively unamped.

Thanks again for all the answers.

Dec 21, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #21 of 27
Btw, if it even matters there is an upcoming black version of ER6i that looks similar if not the same as the older ER6. Not sure when and which stores will carry it though. There should be pictures on the Etymotic site.

Dec 21, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #23 of 27
Yep, the black ones are on Amazon for about $90, which is cheaper than the white ones on Amazon. Just ordered a pair today!

--Chris

Dec 21, 2005 at 11:20 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by hempcamp
Yep, the black ones are on Amazon for about $90, which is cheaper than the white ones on Amazon. Just ordered a pair today!

--Chris

I guess they just dropped because I saw them for $99 this morning... nice
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Do you guys have a link to the black ER6i on amazon? I only see ER6i white and the original ER6.

Ooops... my fault. What I ordered was actually the ER-6 Isolator. I confused the "Isolator" in the title for the "i" -- just goes to show how out of touch I am with the real world at the moment.

That said, what have I done by getting the ER-6 instead of the ER-6i? Oh well, there's nothing I can do about it now.

--Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back