Shure E4c foam tips
Sep 14, 2006 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mucknuggle

New Head-Fier
How long do you guys keep these before replacing them? I've been using them for about two weeks now and they seem to be getting really dirty... They also smell like ear wax. Eww.

Sep 14, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #2 of 7
you should do a search up with the parameters "foamies" or "shure foamies"

you'll find quite a few threads.

when i first got my e4cs, i used the stock foams for 2 weeks (after constant washing). instead of buying them, i decided to make my own (pics inside one of those threads).

you can wash your foams with warm water and soap, and they'll be clean again. i would say you could do this about 3-4 times until the foam is just fubar.

fyi, the E-A-R foam that i used to make my own set is much more dirt resistant than the stock shure foamies (they hardly even get dirty).

Sep 14, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
How long do you guys keep these before replacing them? I've been using them for about two weeks now and they seem to be getting really dirty... They also smell like ear wax. Eww.

I just orderd these Earplug Store foamies, will report when i get a few days use on E4c and ER-4p

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/eaac.html

Sep 14, 2006 at 8:24 AM Post #6 of 7
i notice that my foamies become to the point where they don't expand in my ears. Then i replace them (bought a 20 pack), and about a week or 2 later, the old ones have fully extended and are ready for another go round. Usually a set of foamies can be used twice, probably 5 to 7 sessions each time.

Sep 14, 2006 at 8:25 AM Post #7 of 7
I always used Comply tips with my E4Gs, Muck. They're far superior to the stock foamies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back