Shure E4c, Etymotic Er4p, or Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro
Sep 13, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #32 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenGod
Any recommendations on amps $100 and lower?

I haven't been paying much attention to amps in that range but it seems that the Go-Vibe V5 for $75 is popular. There are several options for that price I do know, but for under $100 I only have experience with Gary Ali's Pocket Amp v2 ($60).

Sep 13, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #33 of 43
Which one do you think is better? http://cgi.ebay.com/Portable-Headpho...QQcmdZViewItem or the Go-Vibe 5. the ebay one usually sells around $70.00 my friend makes them. I think the ebay one is better but then again i could be wrong. Also, it looks a lot cooler
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #34 of 43
Quote:

Which one do you think is better? http://cgi.ebay.com/Portable-Headpho...QQcmdZViewItem or the Go-Vibe 5. the ebay one usually sells around $70.00 my friend makes them. I think the ebay one is better but then again i could be wrong. Also, it looks a lot cooler
biggrin.gif

the ebay one usually sells around $70.00 my friend makes them (oh no, not that guy).

Personally I'd buy the Go-Vibe for build quality and customer support issues.

Sep 13, 2006 at 11:05 AM Post #35 of 43
Quote:

I like Alternative, Rock, and Hip-hop.

If you get the Etys, you'll spend your time searching for the bass.......even with an amp. Again, just my opinion.
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2006 at 12:39 PM Post #36 of 43
^
But Joe, your sig does say 'SEARCH", and ye shall find
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #38 of 43
Quote:

Now im super confused
blink.gif
. Now I either want to get Ety's or Shure

I have been in the same situation but recently found a great ebay IEM seller that does a try before you buy scheme (which is great for me, in the UK it's very hard to audition anything before buying so it's a case of dropping your money and hoping for the best, a method which hasn't worked at all well in the past few months)

So i've put down a £260 deposit to borrow both the E4c and ER-4p and see which one i prefer, they're being posted tomorrow!
lambda.gif

Sep 14, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #41 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamemako
I was considering the ER4Ps myself, but I've heard of interference issues with the slightest tap on the cord. Anybody have the skinny on that problem?

Use the shirt clip.

And for TS, please get what you want.
IIRC, the US of A has a 30day return policy, so you could take advantage of that. What we like may not be what you would like.

Dont accustom yourself to other sound signatures and like it, but rather find one that suits your expected sound signature.

CheerS!

Sep 14, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #42 of 43
Quote:

Thanks! Tell me how it goes. Joelongwood what do you recommend then -_-.

Honestly, only your ears can tell you what is best for you. But, considering your stated musical preferences, each of which relies pretty heavily on a strong bass line, I would say the UE SuperFi5.Pros would pretty much fit the bill. Be aware,though, that they isolate the least of all the IEMs that have been mentioned.
That said, however, the Shures would be my next choice, as they provide a very well-balanced sound, with no emphasis or significant dip in any one part of the frequency range.....and they isolate well, particularly if you use the tri-flange tips.
For your musical tastes, the Etys, while gloriously detailed, simply fall short in the bass department (to my ears of course). An amp, such as the PocketAmp2V2, noted for its low-end performance may do the trick for you.......or it might not. And the cord, with the shirt-clip is notorious for its microphonic noise.
For my ears, the Westone UM2 combines the best of the IEM world. While not hyper-detailed, they provide enough for me, and the bass is excellent. As I stated in an earlier post, they are also supremely comfortable, easy to insert, have a pretty much non-microphonic cord, and, when used with tri-flanges (I'm using some Ety tri-flanges with them), they also isolate extremely well. Unfortunately, they seem to be out of your price range.
In the end, the ultimate selection of any of these IEMs involves compromises.........In this case, one size does NOT fit all.
biggrin.gif

Sep 14, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #43 of 43
Okay. Thanks
biggrin.gif
. Now I'm gonna get a Shure E4C or Etymotic Er4p w/ LDM+. I'm going to try out one then return it and see which one I like. Thanks for all your guys help! If anyone objects to my option please say so. I want to make the best out of my purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back