Shure E4c early reviews
Apr 27, 2005 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

iGory

New Head-Fier
I'm so so close to pulling the trigger on a E4c purchase.

Has any Head-Fier other than Jude listened to the E4c? http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...=116780&page=1

In particular, I was wondering if anybody can confirm or contradict his opinion that the treble is a clear improvement on the E3c and E5c and the resolution is approaching Ety standard?

I'd be listening with a DAP and prefer more neutral sounds but the Ety 4-P's flimsy construction puts me off. Build quality may not be a real audiophile consideration but I live in Australia so the increased prospect of equipment replacements / repairs or upgrades (if I find the Ety sound too tiring) doesn't sound too inviting.

Thanks in advance,

Igor

Apr 27, 2005 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGory
I'm so so close to pulling the trigger on a E4c purchase.

Has any Head-Fier other than Jude listened to the E4c? http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...=116780&page=1

In particular, I was wondering if anybody can confirm or contradict his opinion that the treble is a clear improvement on the E3c and E5c and the resolution is approaching Ety standard?

I'd be listening with a DAP and prefer more neutral sounds but the Ety 4-P's flimsy construction puts me off. Build quality may not be a real audiophile consideration but I live in Australia so the increased prospect of equipment replacements / repairs or upgrades (if I find the Ety sound too tiring) doesn't sound too inviting.

Thanks in advance,

Igor

ER4 flimsy? if you'd said ER6 that would have made more sense as the wires are worryingly thin. What aspect of the ER4P construction do you believe to be flimsier than the E3/E4 ?

Apr 27, 2005 at 1:19 PM Post #3 of 4
Even though I didn't enjoy the e5c's, I'm very curious about the e4's as well and I'll probably wait until they are available locally so I can test them out first.

As for the construction of the er4's I would agree that they have a very cheap feel but I'm only really afraid of the stocks breaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back