Shure E4: tips won't stay on!
Nov 1, 2005 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

heeeraldo

100+ Head-Fier
I received my E4's yesterday in the mail and began fiddling with tips to figure out what I liked, what sounded best, etc, and found that the ultra-soft sleeves were nice and decided they would be the most sensible for bus use because they're easy to clean and not, well, bright yellow.

only problem is that the tips come off whenever I put them on - it seems that the tube squeezes itself off the E4's nozzle, so that when I put the tips on and walk away for five minutes, I'll come back to the tips separated from the nozzles.

Seeing as I don't want this to happen while the tips are in my ear canal, is there something I'm doing wrong? It seems like it's just the ultra-softs - the foamies don't have that problem. Is it my E4's, and does that mean I can try and get a pair of E4g's to match my iPod?
biggrin.gif

thanks in advance, gang.

Nov 1, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #2 of 8
Try putting them on, and then rotating them slightly while pushing down (gently). That should make sure they are on all the way. I can tell you from experince you DO NOT want them stuck in your ears, it is unpleasent.

Nov 2, 2005 at 8:42 AM Post #3 of 8
The nozzle might have become greasy, try cleaning it carefully.

Nov 2, 2005 at 4:02 PM Post #5 of 8
Make sure you install it all the way. You must push the sleeve all the way down the nozzle until you can't see the nozzle anymore.

It really shouldn't be working itself off, so it this continues to happen you should PM me.

Nov 2, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #6 of 8
I use the (yellow) foamies. I don't see where your problem is with those, if you insert them correctly, the foamy will go all the way in and won't be visible from outside
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2005 at 8:24 PM Post #8 of 8
I never experienced this with my E4's or E3's of them coming off on their own but I did experience them coming off in my ear canal a couple times. The stem has gotten greasy or the softies need to be discarded. Either way, I just took rubbing alcohol and gently wiped the outside. You can wash the softies in soap and water to get them clean and reuse them again too if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back