Shure E4 replacement tip
Oct 9, 2005 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by atart
hi,
ive been looking around to get a few replacement foamies for my E4. I was considering teh Westone tips but then saw these at headroom

http://www.headphone.com/products/ad...-foam-tips.php

they look similar to the westone foamies, would these fit onto the nozzle of the E4? any idea how they sound?

thanks

I'd contact headroom and ask them...I bet they'd fit though.

Oct 9, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #3 of 12
Those Ety tips appear to be clones of Westone's standard length Compy tips. The Complys will certainly fit on the E4's. You can get 3 pair from Westone's website shop for a few bucks less than the Ety's.
The comfort and seal is excellent.

Oct 9, 2005 at 6:07 AM Post #4 of 12
nice,
looks like i'll go for the westone then

i noticed they have two sizes, one longer than the other, are the smaller ones as long as the shure foamies approximately ( i know its hard to compare because the complys taper towards the tip)

also, i am currently using the E4 with the mod (foamies inside the soft flex sleeve) so im wondering whether the sound would be comparable to this? in terms of bass mainly.

thanks

Oct 9, 2005 at 9:16 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

E4 with the mod (foamies inside the soft flex sleeve)

Whaaa...? Can someone explain this one to me?

How do you get the foamies INSIDE the soft flex??

Oct 9, 2005 at 1:33 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

nice,
looks like i'll go for the westone then

i noticed they have two sizes, one longer than the other, are the smaller ones as long as the shure foamies approximately ( i know its hard to compare because the complys taper towards the tip)

also, i am currently using the E4 with the mod (foamies inside the soft flex sleeve) so im wondering whether the sound would be comparable to this? in terms of bass mainly.

thanks

I would say that the short westone foamies are pretty much the same size as the stock Shure foamies. The regular Westone foamies are pretty long, about the size of the Ety black foamies. If you email Westone, they will give you the lengths in milimeters. Anyway, I would recommend the short complys for the Shures. While I don't like the complys with the Um2 so much, I have found the short complies to be the best tips for the e4 so far. This is in comparison to: triflange, biflange, stock yellow foam, clear flex, soft flex, soft flex mod w/foam, earplanes, ety foams, trimmed ety foams, modded ety foams. The complys are good in terms of overall sound quality & bass, and are very comfortable. I also have found they have good isolation, and allow the E4s to be inserted a bit deeper without comfort issues.

Oct 9, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #8 of 12
I just recently got E4s, upgraded from my ER-6is, and they fit just fine. I couldn't tell you how they sound, though, because I just transferred my broken in triflanges over to my E4s.

Oct 9, 2005 at 3:37 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaikoten
I just recently got E4s, upgraded from my ER-6is, and they fit just fine. I couldn't tell you how they sound, though, because I just transferred my broken in triflanges over to my E4s.

just saying, be careful,
if they are caked up in wax, they can slip right off and get stuck in your ear.

Oct 9, 2005 at 3:46 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Whaaa...? Can someone explain this one to me?

How do you get the foamies INSIDE the soft flex??

It was originally a mod for the E2s. Here's what you do...

Oh wait, I have a link :p.

Oct 10, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #12 of 12
Dk123 is right; the length of the Comply shorts and the Shure yellow foamies are very close; your ear will never "feel" the difference,particularly as the Comply's are softer and smoother than the Shure's.
I'm too lazy to measure,but I'll give it a go tomorrow. Maybe. More importantly,I'll note the difference in length between the standard Complys and the yellow Shure foamies. Maybe blather a bit on the subject qualities of both. Maybe not.
'Night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back