Shure E4 Black @ HeadRoom
Jun 29, 2005 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Jamey Warren

Member of the Trade: HeadRoom
Hello Friends,

I’m happy to announce that HeadRoom is now carrying the Shure E4 (Black) for those who don't like the white color of the Shure E4C. We hope to receive our first shipment next week.

We now offer Free Fedex Ground Shipping on orders over $49.

Contributing Members, don't forget about your discount.

We also have a new Price Matching Policy.

All of that plus you still get HeadRoom’s 30 guaranty and the satisfaction of purchasing from one of Head-Fi’s two Founding Sponsors.

If you have any questions please respond here, via e-mail jamey@headphone.com, mario@headphone.com or call 1-800-828-8184.

Here's the product copy from our website:

Tight punchy bass and great mids are not easy to find in an in-ear-monitor but Shure managed to get it right with the E4. If we wanted to whine, we’d say that these cans could have used a tad more of the highest highs, but we don’t want to whine, these are a very well behaved headphone without any glare or grain, and a tremendously satisfying listen. Rockers of all flavors will hammer along with their punchy richness and acoustic music lovers will dig their solid midrange. Your head will love the Shure E4.

The first thing we noticed about these cans is they are terrific looking, certainly the schwingingest IEMs we’ve seen. The build quality and ergonomics are great, too. They come with a variety of ear tips; simply find the ones that work for you, then give us a call and order a handful. The 5 foot long cord has a 90 degree mini plug at one end and a nicely finished symmetrical “Y” cord going to the ear pieces. The headphones are designed to be worn with the cords looping over the top of your ears and the slider on the “Y” snugging things up at the back of the neck.

Cheers,
Jamey

Jun 29, 2005 at 7:29 PM Post #2 of 19
Hi Jamey,

Do you offer the free shipping or possibly a reduced shipping cost to those outside the US? Like maybe Canada?
wink.gif

- Jay

PS. I'm sending you those cables tomorrow, I kept getting delayed for one reason or another. Sorry about that.
redface.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 19
Hi Jay,

I'd be happy to help out with the international shipping costs. Just e-mail me or call. No hurry with the cables. Keep using them for a while if you please.

Thanks,
Jamey

Jun 30, 2005 at 8:49 AM Post #5 of 19
What's the difference between this Black E4 and the regular E4c? Just the color?

Jul 2, 2005 at 4:20 PM Post #8 of 19
I plan on ordering one of these from headroom in the next couple weeks. Now I am going to have to decide. I am actually leaning white... but I dislike the association it has with the iPod. Hmmm.

Either way, thanks for the info. Even if you complicated my choice!
icon10.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:35 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by quackattack
I plan on ordering one of these from headroom in the next couple weeks. Now I am going to have to decide. I am actually leaning white... but I dislike the association it has with the iPod. Hmmm.

Either way, thanks for the info. Even if you complicated my choice!
icon10.gif

The white cable on the E4c will get darker over time, as it collects random dust from use. The black cable on the E4...well...should stay black over time
tongue.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:47 PM Post #11 of 19
Anyone else have the Shure E4 in "Black" yet?

Because it doesn't look black to me. It is more like a 70-80% gray. Confirmed with Matt at Shure, they say it's Charcoal Gray, not Black.

It looks like a nice Piano Black in the pictures online, but not so in person.

-Ed

Jul 10, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emon
I rather like the charcoal gray. At least you won't get mugged on the subway like with the whites...

Me too. I actually think the gray E4 looks sleeker and classier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back