Shure E4 Appreciation Thread
Mar 6, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #16 of 20
I love my E4c. I was one of the lucky ones to have a pair from the first batch when they were shipped (serial # 155). I remember waiting axiously for them to come out for about 2 or 3 months and the group buy drama...but they certainly didn't disappoint. Because they sound so good (clarity, neutrality, detail, and transparent) I never really considered upgrading to custom IEMs such as the UE or Sensas.

As a testiment to how much I like them, I actually lost my first pair on a flight a couple of months ago. Though it hurt to do so, I promptly bought another pair. There are equipment that you wouldn't replace if lost or broken, or you'd even take the opportunity to upgrade, but I knew that the E4c is what I wanted.

Mar 6, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #17 of 20
E4 was one of the few purchases where I could say "one of the best investments I made so far".

There is a quality in E4 that I find quite unique, which separate them from er4p and um2. They give a sense of wide space to breathe via this presence of 'empty pockets of sound' where the sound density seems to be almost zero, pure. I hope to hear more of this quality in the next iem I purchase.

Mar 6, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #18 of 20
Despite owning the UE-10, I still really love the E4. I'm listening to them right now actually. For the money they are fabulous! Even if they were locked in at the $300 retail price they'd be worth every penny IMO. The incredible thing is, from what I heard of the E500, it not only fixes the minor weaknesses of the E4, but surpasses the E4's strongest points as well.

Mar 6, 2006 at 10:20 AM Post #20 of 20
The first time I tried on the e4c, I am deeply impressed with vocal human voices....both male and females singers...their voices just stand out....crystal clear from the background music....full of emotion and feelings. For the past 2 months, I am switching my e4c and my um2 alternatively every week to try to tell which one is better...but still I can't.....um2 delivers a more thicker voice and a fuller range of sound.... but e4c seems to specially tune to deliver the high and mid pitch of the human voice and cut off a bit of the lower base of the voice.....for example, when I listen to the soundtrack of Brokeback Mountain...which is mostly wooden guitar sound....it sounds sharp and crystal clear....wonderful to listen to...however...just my feeling that.... it doesn't sound too natural....seems to lack of a kind of base sound of a wooden guitar that should have(for me I play real electronic guitar)....um2 can deliver the base sound of a wooden guitar...however....the high and mid pitch of the sound is not as outstanding as the e4c....so I am still switching around my iem depends on my mood...ha..ha...I haven't tried the Etymotic ER-4S, can someone share his feelings ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back